Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera warnings very erratic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera warnings very erratic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Speed camera warnings very erratic Reply with quote

Hi my TomTom 1005 does not warn me of all the speed camera, they are on the screen but no verbal warnings then sometimes the camera warning sounds for a different camera.. I have used these cameras and voice downloads for years but recently (and it seems after a new map down load from TomTom) the cameras warn after I've passed them, they seem to be in the wrong places I know this has been asked before on this forum but know one really answered the question. I have done everything suggested in the last posting about this thread but still the same, So can any one help before I switch to Garmin.
Many thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the cams from PGPSW or TomTom's cameras?
fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I mean the cameras from this site. I've used them for years without any problems
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've used them for years on the 1005?

If so, something has gone wrong, so you need to re do them. Delete all the PGPSW cameras, re-download and install again.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second thoughts are that perhaps ther new map has not retained the PGPSW cameras and warnings - If you have a windows backup (not TomTom) copy the mapsettings.cfg file from it back into the 1005. If you don't have a windows backup, it's a case of redownloading and reinstalling the pgpsw cameras. It sounds as though you've lost the pgpsw ones and have picked up old TomTom ones.

fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying DennisN that was the first thing I did when it first happened I removed all the PGPSW cameras and warnings and reinstalled them and still the same results. The PGPSW cameras appear on the screen when I get close to the camera but no warnings and when the warnings do work the distance I set has no relevance to the camera position sometimes as I pass the camera or well past the camera.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's not right here. You are telling me you've done all the right things and it still goes haywire. I can't see what you've done and what's going wrong so I'm just floundering about.

How did you delete the cameras? Using TT Home? Or Windows Explorer?

fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DennisM I deleted them off the sat nav using My Drive Connect and deleted them from there then rebooted the sat nav down loaded the new files (speed zoned and the voice files )
Rick-uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you by mistake check\tick the only when on route box? I think that would still display them but not warn.

Do you have a route set when you do get some warning?
fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick-UK no I have never had that ticked and that's one of the first things I have checked, besides sometimes certain cameras work and on the same journey (without a route planned) some cameras don't work. I have tried both ways with a route planned and without.
I really only use my TomTom to warn me of speed cameras and use the car sat nav for guidance,
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for abandoning you there. I discovered that I have a 1005 sitting idly on a shelf so I went to resurrect it. Sadly it took a long time to come to life then it took another long time to update and download the latest map (980). Then I started to download the cameras, but got a call to pop up to Scotland, so I had to break off and I won't get back until tomorrow night (Thursday). - 800 miles round trip with overnight motel.

I never previously did the cameras on the 1005 because I use the iPhone version, so I had to find out how it's done. I'll do it tomorrow. In the meantime, I noticed the fancy method is to download the OV2 ZIP file and I wonder if you used that method?

I'll give it a go Thursday night and see where that leads me.

fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis N the method I use is the one I've always used :- I down load the Speed Zone complete files as zip files into a folder then extract them all to a folder for the sat nav. Then connect the sat nav to my computer then right mouse over My Drive which opens up a window and tells me what I have on my Sat nav then tell it which folder my cameras are in then down load them to my sat nav. I've done it this way for years with no problem until my last 2 new map updates. Is there another way of doing this process.
Thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my long days to Scotland took more than I expected and then I had another early run this morning, so I haven't yet got to it. I believe the method is described in the instructions relating to downloading the OV2 ZIP file - apparently it's a better/easier business. I shall find out but not today.

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwoody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DennisN but that's exactly what I do, I download them to my computer and then open the zip file into a folder on to my computer and then plug my sat nav into my computer which opens MyDrive Connect then I open the file which I have unzipped and load the whole lot onto my sat nav. Then check that all the unzipped cameras are in there close down MyDrive Connect and remove the sat nav. I have done it this way for years (ever since buying my 1005. I don't think it is this, as I say its always after a Map upgrade. Can anyone help!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: