Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't position new cameras accurately on map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't position new cameras accurately on map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yiam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Can't position new cameras accurately on map Reply with quote

Positioning new cameras on the map I put the little red x on the screen exactly where the camera is, as close as I can, but the grey icon appears on the other side of the road some distance away. One even appears on anohter road some distance from where the camera actually is. Is this just a temporary rough location until the camera can be confirmed and accurately positioned by someone else?

There appears to be no way to edit the position and I can't find a way to add voice notes easily as recommended if the camera position is not shown accurately.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What phone are you using? The best way to submit via CamerAlert is to tap the camera icon when driving past the camera location - this will log the position and direction. Then, pull in somewhere safe and fill out the rest of the details.

The app isn't designed for manually submitting locations and I've noticed on my Nexus 5X that manually selecting the location seems to then submit a slightly different location...

Best way to manually submit is via the website here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=SubmitCamera

MaFt
Yiam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but sometimes it's not easy to do especially with these average speed cameras on a busy dual carriageway.

I'll have a look at the link when I get a chance.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: