Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT820 missing PGPSW gatso camera downloads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT820 missing PGPSW gatso camera downloads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: TT820 missing PGPSW gatso camera downloads Reply with quote

Hi all

In July is bought a TT820 from Amazon as my old TT520 give up. Anyway when i got it i updated and downloaded the camera database from here to it, At the time i notice Gatso's missing but thought i must have messed it up.
I updated it again with the current OV2 database and still Gatsos missing on machine but My Drive Connect is saying they are on the machine.
Deleted all camera OV2 files and tried the zip download and the same My Drive Connect saying Gatsos on machine but not showing on TT.

Is this a machine issue or am i missing something/not doing something. Is it hiding somewhere else.
All other camera types in the download are ok.I even tried updated TT My Drive.

Thanks
Colin
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the cams are there on the submission map (big pointy finger in the right hand sidebar), then it's TT not displaying them for some obscure TT reason.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin,

My understanding of any TomTom device that uses MyDrive is that you can load the POI files (.ov2) but not the icon files (.bmp).

This means that whilst you can navigate to a third party POI, that POI (and other custom POIs) will not show up in either the navigate screen or the map screen.

Is this what you're experiencing?

My last PND was a TomTom 950 LIVE and my current TomTom SatNav is the old TomTom app. Therefore I am not familiar with the current range of TomTom products.

Kind Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
My understanding of any TomTom device that uses MyDrive is that you can load the POI files (.ov2) but not the icon files (.bmp)

I'm not familiar with the TT820, but my Via 135 uses MyDrive Connect and .bmp files can be uploaded and the icon is displayed on the device's screen. However, only the .ov2 files appear in the MyDrive Connect POI list, not the .bmp or .ogg files.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Colin64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi Colin,

My understanding of any TomTom device that uses MyDrive is that you can load the POI files (.ov2) but not the icon files (.bmp).

This means that whilst you can navigate to a third party POI, that POI (and other custom POIs) will not show up in either the navigate screen or the map screen.

Is this what you're experiencing?

My last PND was a TomTom 950 LIVE and my current TomTom SatNav is the old TomTom app. Therefore I am not familiar with the current range of TomTom products.

Kind Regards,

When i download the cameras in .ov2 format and zip files i can see all cameras in My community on the lap top. When i highlight the camaras and install them on the TT820 i then go to TT,into warn when near POI or search POI and the Gatso cameras are not showing all others are there. This what i don't understand.

Regards
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, and an unlikely one, but when you go to "Warn when near" the POIs that have a warning set up will appear at the beginning of the list with the rest following in alphabetical order. Have you scrolled down the alphabetical list to look for the Gatsos?
Samsung Galaxy S21
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether it's worth deleting all the cameras, then re-adding only the Gatsos to see if that makes any difference. If successful, then add the other camera types one at at a time and see how it goes.
Colin64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
Just a thought, and an unlikely one, but when you go to "Warn when near" the POIs that have a warning set up will appear at the beginning of the list with the rest following in alphabetical order. Have you scrolled down the alphabetical list to look for the Gatsos?

Anita
Yes ,scrolled right through the list and no sign of the Gatso cameras in warn when near.

Regards
Colin64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
I wonder whether it's worth deleting all the cameras, then re-adding only the Gatsos to see if that makes any difference. If successful, then add the other camera types one at at a time and see how it goes.

Daggers
i read your comment and had a go but nothing showed when i tried to add gatso only on the TomTom. They are there in My community but doesn't show on TT. All the rest of cameras add to TT ok.

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: