Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Well that was odd!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Well that was odd!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEANO3528
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Well that was odd! Reply with quote

Been doing some additions along the A82 and when I went back for a look tonight I noticed that some of the POI's I have done appear to have been altered to 'Truck Parking'. I would not consider many (if any) of the layby's along there to be classed as TP's, as there is no divider isolating layby and live traffic, hence my choice of 'P'.
Is it common practice to alter POI's from that which the originator enters?
Should a 'TP' only be used where the above divider is present as these are the only laybys legal to park at night without lights showing?
Feel free to discuss...
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing the nature of these particular areas, I'm not sure I would even consider a lay-by to be a Parking location. Surely this POI should be reserved for a proper car park where you can leave your vehicle unattended for an extended period of time, whereas a lay-by is just a space where you would take a 10-15 minute break from driving, and would invariably stay with, or close to, you car?
DEANO3528
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fair point.
However in UK road signage there is no allowance for a distinction between a P&D town car park and a roadside layby.
Personally during my time as a lorry driver, I'd have found the ability to search and locate a layby xx minutes from my present position an absolute Godsend.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: