Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 62 Fined On First M4 VSL Day
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

62 Fined On First M4 VSL Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: 62 Fined On First M4 VSL Day Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

Sixty two motorists have been fined on the first day of the new M4 speed limit enforcement system.

The drivers were caught by average speed cameras which monitor the motorway's variable speed limits.

There was a test period for the cameras of two weeks before this when 398 advisory notices, not notice of prosecutions, were sent to speeders to help raise awareness.

The speed limits cover 40mph to 60mph stretches between junction 24 for Coldra and junction 28 at Tredegar Park, Wales.

Enforcement is managed by GoSafe which is a partnership of Welsh highway authorities and police forces.

A spokesperson for GoSafe said: "It is still too early to say what impact the commencement of enforcement action has had on traffic movements and the behaviour of motorists as enforcement has only been in place for a short period. It is however clear that the vast majority are complying with the variable speed limit. We ask that all motorists comply with the posted limit."

A Welsh Government spokesperson commented: "Of course the variable speed limit along this stretch is not new and the infrastructure has been in place since 2011, so drivers should have been complying with the set limits for the last five years."

They added: "We know variable speed limits have been demonstrated to improve traffic flow where motorways are nearing or over capacity and compliance levels with the variable speed limits have improved since our awareness campaign and subsequent enforcement action began. Managing traffic also helps to reduce queuing and improves journey time."

Source
email icon

Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many of those 62 will actual pay up.

The way I've seen some cars and vans going through Specs zones I'm convinced they must know something I don't.

It's fairly obvious on the A40 with 3 lanes of traffic all doing 50. But you still get the odd one undertaking and overtaking without a care in the world.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 62 Fined On First M4 VSL Day Reply with quote

News Team wrote:
The speed limits cover 40mph to 60mph stretches between junction 24 for Coldra and junction 28 at Tredegar Park, Wales.
There are precisely TWO cameras in each direction - westbound there's one at start J24 and one at end, J28. Just how these can regulate speeds beats me. The only thing different is that now they have the overhead gantry notices all lit up like Christmas, saying CAMERAS NOW ACTIVE - many more gantry signs than cameras. The stretches are NOT 40mph to 60mph, they are variable, so can be switched to whatever speed they want - presumably they mean a choice of reduced limits between 40 and 60mph. But with only two cameras in each direction, it strikes me as a pretty tame operation.

Average speed cameras? I don't believe it. They are just simple old Gatsos, not even Hadecs.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 62 Fined On First M4 VSL Day Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Average speed cameras? I don't believe it. They are just simple old Gatsos, not even Hadecs.

Well yeah, just your average speed camera Wink
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I did notice the other week is that those famous HADECS on the southern side of the M25 are now fully yellow.

Got them saved, just in case we are asked.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: