Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Audio Warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Audio Warning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Comand Audio Warning Reply with quote

Have just downloaded the latest speed camera database and the Audio and Visual warnings on to Mercedes Comand ntg 4.5 . This latest download has seen a massive increase in the distance Audio warning, it has gone from one extreme to the other where as before the warning was minimal now the alerts go off about a 2000 mtrs. before the camera. This is causing many false alerts from other cameras not on the road being used. can the Audio distance warning bong be reduced to at least half of what it is now
Thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio warning timing is nothing to do with the PGPSW data and everything to do with the device it's running on. The database is just a collection of camera locations.
Somehow, the distance warning must have been altered in your device.
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Okay Thanks for prompt reply. will check it out Thumbs Up
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Comand Audio Warning Reply with quote

ROO90 wrote:
Have just downloaded the latest speed camera database and the Audio and Visual warnings on to Mercedes Comand ntg 4.5 . This latest download has seen a massive increase in the distance Audio warning, it has gone from one extreme to the other where as before the warning was minimal now the alerts go off about a 2000 mtrs. before the camera. This is causing many false alerts from other cameras not on the road being used. can the Audio distance warning bong be reduced to at least half of what it is now
Thanks

We've actually tweaked the Merc files based on recent feedback. It should now give a 40 second warning - so even for a 70mph camera the maximum would be 1200is meters.

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like what I said above is a load of blx then? Embarassed
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried to download the latest 14.014 27 Jan 16 speed cameras today. click on same format latest downloads Keep getting Error HTP 404, have tried three different computers , three different browsers with no success

Problem has now been rectified Thumbs Up
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Comand Audio Warning Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
ROO90 wrote:
Thanks

We've actually tweaked the Merc files based on recent feedback. It should now give a 40 second warning - so even for a 70mph camera the maximum would be 1200is meters.

MaFt

Have downloaded the latest database with the 40 sec Audible warning , checked today on a journey of 200 miles, the 40 sec warning is too long and gives massive misleading warnings , it got to the stage I pulled the sad card out. Before I commenced my return journey I loaded the sd again, same results massive irregular warnings , hopefully this will be rectified soon
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use MB POI loader to alter the files, see here, scroll down to my post near the end!
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=88539&start=120
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many seconds warning would you recommend?

MaFt
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for 10 seconds. They are usually just in sight when the bong sounds which is fine for me.
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO I would say 10 secs is too short
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

locksmith wrote:
You can use MB POI loader to alter the files,
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not been able to reduce the Audible sound warning from the 40 secs set at the last updated download, as previously stated this is far too long giving many false BONGS !! Sad , hopefully to be soon rectified
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now changed the warnings to 20 secs. If you redownload now then this will be active.

Feedback appreciated from all!!!

If you wanted to adjust the warning distance manually then open up the file in a text editor (such as Notepad on Windows [for info I prefer the free Notepad++ on Windows and TextWrangler on Mac]) and do a search/replace on the following text:
Code:
<gpxd:Activity Active="true" Level="warning" Unit="second" Value="20"></gpxd:Activity>

and replace the value of '20' to however many seconds warning you prefer.

MaFt
ROO90
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have this morning downloaded the latest speed camera database with the 20 second Audible warning, This is a massive improvement, done a 40 mile trip , for me this setting is spot on , only one false Bong that was on a road running parallel to journey road with camera visible across open land . I think 10second warning would be too short a distance certainly for mobile camera positions . Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: