Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat Nav Apps, which is the best one?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat Nav Apps, which is the best one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K13ehr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Sat Nav Apps, which is the best one? Reply with quote

OK, I have a TomTom 1st edition V4, and 300go, I've been happy with them but Now have a smart phone, all my POIs are in both OV2 & KML so would prefer to keep them that way, but no cast in stone.

I have at the moment an assortment of GPS apps,

Maps.me is my most used, but although it does routes, it is no sat nav, but does store all my POIs with no problems.

I have Sygic free which is OK, but clunky to use and I've yet to get my own POIs onto it.

I have CoPilot free similar to Sygic really an all counts, inc POIs

Tried Osmand, and binned it.

Tried a few other lesser ones and binned those too.

I have been using a friends TomTom UK & Ireland app on Android for a few days (in Hossy) and I am very disappointed, I figured I'd like it best, but it is awful, no way it seems to set up your own POIs, just faves, and not sure if its limited to a few like my own TomTom units, POIS seems to be GPX for some reason.

I need to be dragged into 2014, old gear is 2006 and way out of date on every level, hopefully someone can help me to sort out and easy to use app, or help me to use the ones I have or correct my opinion on TT , version is
UK & Ireland V937.5936
keenrw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I narrowed it down to three ..Sygic ..Copilot and Route 66 Navigate ...ended up buying Sygic and Route 66 but out of the two I use Route 66 , when I brought it yesterday i got a nice surprise and had speed cams for free .
The full package of Route 66 is great but there's just a few things I wish they would improve on and that's the speed cam and over speed warnings , I have found that if you go over speed it tells you once then you slow down but go over it again then it didn't warn me ..it just showed the speed in red ....regarding the speed cameras you get just a single ding and a visual distance run down ,I would prefer an audio run down too just to be sure .;) .

Last edited by keenrw on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
keenrw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh and Route 66 is free for 30 days ..you get every thing to try out but I didn't like the follow me side of things .

Rich
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you would get more complaints about continuous alerts from users, and what about the cams that are just inside a 30 MPH zone and you have been nagged for 1/2 mile that you are exceeding the speed limit, when you are not? That's a real pain. If you are audibly and visibly warned about a cam, what excuse do you have for getting caught by it. "Sorry milud, but me satnav only told me once that I was seeding and I didn't notice the speed limit signs"? Very Happy
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be taking more notice of the showed limit signs and the Speedo personally rather than rely on the sat nav

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
K13ehr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/search?q=sat+nav

Does it have to be truck, I was a courier for more than 20 years, never needed truck even when I had to temp into 7.5 tonners.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: