Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go - Android - 50 miles per month free
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go - Android - 50 miles per month free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go - Android - 50 miles per month free Reply with quote

Hi all,

Any one else downloaded and installed the Tomtom app?

It gives 50 miles per month free navigation.

There are several otheres eg, Google maps, Co Pilot etc, so is it worth 35.00 for 3 years of Tomtom?
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit late to reply,

not sure if you have got this yet, but they have a special offer on which give 20% discount on the pricing. (so 3 years is about £27)

overall if you need a satnav that can perform routing, traffic and cameras then the price is actually worth it as you are getting all these plus the app and map updates for 3 years, plus you can select which map to use so not limited to just uk.

i have tried sygic, which used to be good but gone downhill, it uses tomtom maps, traffic and cameras but these are nowhere near as good as the tomtom app itself providing these features. sygic maps are not upto date as tomtom, traffic is not correct (constantly switching between 0 delay and actual delay so arrival time is wrong), cameras do not actually support temporary cameras and current list is out of date as well. If you purchased sygic you have to pay for maps seperately, cameras and traffic updates yearly so works out a lot more.

I have also tried standard google maps and a few other free ones, but overall i think for the money, it would have to be tomtom at the moment.
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they'd do a Windows 10 Mobile version.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used the discount and bought a 3 year sub for this and now I've got the sound sorted (bluetooth issue) its an impressive app.

I was always an iphone TomTom man but my latest car had satnav with traffic (Lexus) but it's gone so bad recently I needed TomTom back for my sanity.

TomTom traffic is simply the dogs dangly bits, nothing else comes close.

Although I have PGPSW Camera Alert too I have to say that the speed cameras in TomTom Go are actually ok, and I like the way you get a quick message asking if the camera is still there (mainly for temp ones) so I guess they are getting the camera act together.

OK, it will cost me £30 every 3 years, but traffic used to cost more than that by itself.
walkerx
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why i've ended up purchasing the app - cost less over 3 years than what it does for the camera updates yearly on my go5000

plus the app allows me to use CamerAlert in the background to notify of cameras/speed rather than relying on TomTom's fully

in regards to sound, users need to remember if linking to a car radio for the phone features then you need to either disable the audio for bluetooth so audio comes out of phone speakers or switch car radio to bluetooth media and ideally play own media through phone

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: