Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What am I doing wrong?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What am I doing wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lundavra
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: What am I doing wrong? Reply with quote

I got my Active 12 this morning.

Switched on and put the map SD card in - everything fine.

But when I came back to have another play later in the day, when I switched on and toggled to the SD Card it centred on central London. It keeps doing this (always the same place) despite switching off, SD card out, switch on, SD card back in.

It has gone to the right area a few times but most times it keeps going to London.

The default internal maps show the correct location.

What am I overlooking.
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it locked on to a location? The 10 usually defaults to central map point until it has locked onto the location at which point it usually moves to that location.
lundavra
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got back after asking that question!

I find the Active 12 is VERY slow in locking up to satellites. My Garmin GPSMap 62s locks up alomost straight away, then the accuracy improves and will be good within a few minutes.

The Active 12 takes ages to lock up, I usually either switch on and leave on the car set for some time before reaching my destination or put in my rucksack switched on when I set out and then (with luck) it might have found where it is.

The controls are not obvious, I often take ages to get the display centred on my position and get rid of the second circle.
lundavra
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The display on the SatMap is good but the user interface is poor.

Similar to previously described, I switch on and it finds the position on 1:50000 but all I can get in 1:25000 is central London. Sometimes if I leave it long enough it will find the current position on the 1:25000 but most times I give up and get the Garmin out even though it only has 1:50000 maps.

I spent ages yesterday around and around trying different keypresses but just could not get the local 1:25000 map. I must be overlooking something but definitely not obvious what it is.
SimoninEaston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something not right there... My A12, which typically takes up to 3 minutes to get a lock from cold, nevertheless always displays my location on all of the 3 scales, I have on my one card, as well as the base map, once the lock has been made.
Ask Satmap for their opinion and consider sending it back.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 12 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: