Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Creating the Disk for my Kenwood DNX7240BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating the Disk for my Kenwood DNX7240BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GKphilip1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Creating the Disk for my Kenwood DNX7240BT Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone help?
I've followed the instructions, created my Garmin file downloaded the Garmin POI uploader, unzipped the poi files and speed camera files, uploaded them via the Garmin uploader, put them in the Garmin folder and then a poi folder, burnt to a disk and tried to install, all I get is disk error...Help!!!
Changed the poi.gpi to Poi.gpi and it worked, one question though do the safety cameras appear without having to switch them on in some way?
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have problems with my Kenwood updates. A slightly different headunit, but not that old and similar software.

Now I only use a completely blank, reformatted USB stick - in FAT32. Then I go through the Garmin POI Uploader program. Let that program create the folder and file names, it should do it automatically. Don't try creating any names yourself. You need to have the Navigation showing on the screen. It may not update if the unit is showing some other system, like the tuner or DVD.

I can't quite remember whether the Garmin updates require the head unit to be in Standby mode or not. I don't think they do.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: