Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom iPhone App and PGPSW Mobile POI Website Error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom iPhone App and PGPSW Mobile POI Website Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom iPhone App and PGPSW Mobile POI Website Error Reply with quote

Bit of a weird one this. Happens if the TT app is already running or not

When using the PGPSW Mobile POI website and sending a selected location to TomTom I sometimes get the following error in the TT app when it should show the route summary....

This causes the app to freeze and I have to manually kill it off. Once I reopen the app the location is there on my Navigate To..., Recent Destination list and I can navigate to it with no problem....

Examples:

Household Waste Recycling Centre, Gateshead, Springwell Road
Shell, Grindon, Broadway SS
National Trust, Penshaw Monument

I'll add others as I find them. There have been 4 or 5 over the last 2 weeks or so, but can't remember which ones... Not sure if this is iOS 8.3 or TT 1.20 build related problem as I hadn't used the PGPSW Mobile POI site for a while since the beginning of the year...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this is when they're not on a road and the app simply can't route to it?

MaFt
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Using:
iOS 8.3
TomTom app 1.19.3 (i.e. not the current version)

I'm near Oxford and could only find the first one, i.e.

[Gateshead] Commnity | Household Waste Recycling Centre

Are you using nearby POIs or do you enter a new address to find a POI in an area rather than what is currently near you?

When I entered "Gateshead" in the "Enter new address or place" box and then selected Community category and sub-category I got "Gateshead, Springwell Rd". Which I managed to navigate to using TomTom app without crashing.

If you want me to test any more then please list them Town, Category, sub-category, POI and I'll try again

MaFt wrote:
I wonder if this is when they're not on a road and the app simply can't route to it?

The one that I found and navigated to "Household Waste Recycling Centre, Gateshead, Springwell Road" is right on the road. Anyway Richard (Oldboy) puts POIs on the road. Thumbs Up

It may be a problem with the TomTom app 1.20!

Regards,.
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

MaFt

From the OP-

Once I reopen the app the location is there on my Navigate To..., Recent Destination list and I can navigate to it with no problem....

And as far as I know they are all on a road. I used the recycling centre one today and it worked fine. Just when setting it up from the Mobile POI site.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Privateer - I suspect it is a new issue to 1.20. I keep a copy of the previous TT app for a few days but sadly deleted it the day before I found this issue....

EDIT:
Looks like I've managed to recover a copy of 1.19.3 from my backup drive - thanks to Recuva.

Can anyone guide me on how to restore to this version and test without messing up my iPhone, app settings and HD Traffic sub
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry, I don't know how to restore the old version of TomTom. Whilst I try to keep my iPhone backed up, so far (touch wood) I've not needed to restore fully or partially.

I do have an unrelated question about TomTom 1.20. As you know iOS 8.3 has stopped us using iFile software (such as DiskAid/iMazing) to add third party POIs: Are you now able to add third party POIs to the TomTom 1.20 iPhone app and if so is that done by TomTom's new version of MyDrive, or is MyDrive only for PNDs?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt MyDrive would have access to the files on an iPhone. I suspect the only way, if TomTom added the option, would be to transfer the files via iTunes.
UsuallyLost
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: ios 8.3.2 and ios 8.4 with TomTom V1.20 Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:

I do have an unrelated question about TomTom 1.20. As you know iOS 8.3 has stopped us using iFile software (such as DiskAid/iMazing) to add third party POIs

This problem is apparently caused by Apple implementing "file sharing" from ios 8.3 onwards. Unless the author of an app allows file sharing of their documents folder, one cannot add or modify custom POIs. In Version 1.20 of TomTom (released just a few days after ios 8.3), file sharing has not been enabled by TomTom.

It can only be hoped that TomTom will sort this out before TT 1.21 is released. There are already some comments on this in the TomTom forums. https://en.discussions.tomtom.com

Hopefully PGPSW will add their comments there as well.

Regards,

UL
P.S. The specific thread is here:
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-navigation-app-for-iphoneipad-29/updating-pois-on-ios-83-976264/index1.html
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

A few months ago I had problems with TomTom traffic and I was forced to use another email address for Traffic to work again. However my subscription to TomTom traffic has now expired so I upgraded the TomTom App and changed my email address (within TomTom) back to my normal one and bought another year's subscription of Traffic .

I'm currently up-to-date, using:
iOS 8.4
TomTom app 1.20

Since upgrading to TomTom 1.20 I have also had the occasional problem When using the PGPSW Mobile POI website and sending a selected location to TomTom. I also occasionally get it when using another APP to send a selected location to TomTom, it is the same message, i.e.:

As with your findings, this causes the app to freeze and I too have to manually shut it down. Once I reopen the app, the location is there on my Navigate To..., Recent Destination list and I can navigate to it with no problem.

I think that this is an annoying bug in TomTom 1.20, whether it's worth reporting to them however is doubtful as TomTom will probably stop the ability to pass locations to the APP - so it's probably best to put up with occasionally stopping and restarting the TomTom APP.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: