Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - EUR speedcams on Sygic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

EUR speedcams on Sygic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: EUR speedcams on Sygic Reply with quote

At present I import the PGPSW cam database into Sygic so that I have the mobiles and SPECS showing on the Sygic map and run CA in the background for the alerts. That works just fine and dandy for the UK cams.

Having recently treated myself to twenty five quids worth of Western Europe maps, I tried inporting the PGPSW EUR cams. This failed wit an error message something along the lines of "Import Failed" Sad

I think that Sygic requires that POI (cam) imports are done by country. Has anyone had any experience of this? Can what I want to do be done? If so, how?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd need a total re-write of the download system to split the download into files by individual country. For the number of Sygic users it's not something high on our priorities for that amount of reworking.

Perhaps I could add the country code (2 or 3 letters) to the download and this could then be filtered in Excel or similar to grab the countries you need for converting? Would that be beneficial?

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly would MaFt. I still am not sure whether several files can be done at the same time, or even one after the other. What I'll do is sort out a few French cams from the EU download, rupi them and see what Sygic makes of that. I wouldn't want you do anything until I have found out whether it works or not so as not to waste your time (unless you already know the answer). I'll have a go at it in a bit and report back.

The original quuestion was a general one to see if anybody had managed it without too much faffing.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's sort of yes and no. If you just try rupi'ing the data and then importing it it starts importing ok putting the cams in the correct country then fails with an error. The problem seems to be that there seems to be a limit of eight countries allowed, but I'm not sure as I havn't yet been able to prove my theory as I am waiting for MaFt to do the 'country code' thing that he kindly offered to do above. If I can split up the cams by country, then I can continue with my experiments. I will certainly post here again when I have further info.
srobson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone found a solution for this yet.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: