Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot FYI. Update 16 May 2016
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot FYI. Update 16 May 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacG4IQI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Update on progress with Mercedes A class Garmin Map Pilot Reply with quote

A short update on my previous posting. I have added the speed camera POI files to the Mercedes SD card. The only additional step was that the SD card was locked – not just the simple slide switch on the side, but the whole card was set to read-only. I changed this property when the card was plugged into my PC. Some of the files would not change from read only, but I let the PC change the files it could. After ejecting the card and reinserting it, I did a quick test by copying a small text file to the card and then deleting it. I then ran the Garmin POI loader as per the instructions from Nemesis1 on 17 October.

I have only done commuting journeys recently so can only say that the couple of mobile camera locations and Gatso appear to give a red banner across the top of the display as a warning and all the reference number etc of the location is in English.

I’m more than happy to provide details of system version, or file information if it would help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: