Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copying favourites from a Garmin 3598 MLT-d to Volvo Sensus
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copying favourites from a Garmin 3598 MLT-d to Volvo Sensus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Copying favourites from a Garmin 3598 MLT-d to Volvo Sensus Reply with quote

Just taken on a 2014 Volvo XC60 with the Sensus Navigation satnav user-hostile user interface.

I also have a Garmin 3598 MLT-d with quite a few well used destinations stored in the Current.GPX file.

I would like to load the favourites information into the Volvo satnav without having to spin the daisy wheel character selector (reminds me of a Dymo Labelmaker)

I have done quite a bit of Googling but not found a definite answer.

Thanks for any information.
Jeff1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have done this succesfully with waypoints and routes ex Tom Tom [having coverted to gpx format]
Place all your favourites in a single folder [I assume each location already has its own name]
Format a memory stick - this is important as simply deleting anything on it doesnt always work)
Copy the folder to said memeory stick
Insert into the USB socket and power on the Sat Nav
In the Map settings menu options, the function to 'import' will show. Click yes - and then it will most likely present you with an option for 'root mode'.Select this and the file will then upload
Once the upload is complete, you will see that the file is now referred to as the date. Edit this by clearing the populated info and rename to suit - Favourites probably. I had a number of files which have different folder names and found you can only upload one at a time, and you ghave to fromat the card between each

In Navigate to - select 'stored locations' You should then see your file 'Favourites' - selct and then you will see each of your named and saved locations.

Hope it works for you - mine is a 2015 MY XC70 but think the Sensus Nav system is the same.

From another Volvo forum, I have also found out how to import and save my previous TomTom Itineraries (.itn) to the system - which gets away from the limit of 5 (?) waypoints on a route.

Jeff

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: