Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XC60 speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XC60 speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madasaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: XC60 speed cameras Reply with quote

I have a 2013 xc60 D4 se lux nav. I have the option to add POI's and have downloaded the GPX files to my usb stick. Installed stick and uploaded files to sensus, unfortunately the speed cameras don't show up. Any idea why not? there is no option to select them in the poi categories. They seem to load, and the names of the cameras are there. If i try and see them on the map nothing shows, also if i try to see them around my car it says no myPOI found. I removed them and tried again. The loading bar starts and proceeds so far then the loaded successfully message comes up. What am I doing wrong???
madasaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried deleting and reinstalling. Tried converting various formats to gpx and tried those, still no use. Have installed other poi's and they show up in myPoi but not the Bl**dy speed cameras
madasaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow managed to get it working
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it appears that it's not that simple, do you know how you did it so that others may be able to do it?
madasaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded uk speed camera file in other-gpx format unzipped and renamed it cameras, don't think that makes any difference though. Loaded file to usb drive. Coupled up drive in car, went to the load poi screen and followed instructions. When loaded I left icon blank, sound on 1 and saved. Went on a quick run to where I know the sneaky wait and the warning went off. Went back into set up and selected icon I had loaded and it still worked. Why it didn't work before I have no idea.
TWHH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my brand new XC60 SE Lux Nav at the weekend and am experiencing similar oddities with getting the cams on there.

I downloaded the 3 versions of the 'Other - GPX' formats (UK - Single file with all formats, UK - Consolidated by type Mobile Gatso etc and UK - UK Speed Zoned complete).

I've put each set of cameras in their own folder and navigated to them in the car and downloaded. the download itself is easy enough, but getting the cams to show as needed is a bit more tricky.

So far I've loaded in the 1st and 2nd, but all I get on the car's SatNav is a generic symbol (a yellow target looking icon), and no option for the system to notify my x meters/time before.

Can anyone tell me how I get the type of camera (Gatso, mobile etc) onto the screen, and how I set how much warning I get?

The new car is great, but having the speed cams working properly would be even better.

Many thanks,
Jeff1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWHH wrote:
I picked up my brand new XC60 SE Lux Nav at the weekend and am experiencing similar oddities with getting the cams on there.

I downloaded the 3 versions of the 'Other - GPX' formats (UK - Single file with all formats, UK - Consolidated by type Mobile Gatso etc and UK - UK Speed Zoned complete).

I've put each set of cameras in their own folder and navigated to them in the car and downloaded. the download itself is easy enough, but getting the cams to show as needed is a bit more tricky.

So far I've loaded in the 1st and 2nd, but all I get on the car's SatNav is a generic symbol (a yellow target looking icon), and no option for the system to notify my x meters/time before.

Can anyone tell me how I get the type of camera (Gatso, mobile etc) onto the screen, and how I set how much warning I get?

The new car is great, but having the speed cams working properly would be even better.

Many thanks,

Hi - I also have a new XC70 with the senus navigation system ;;;;;; and I dont believe you can get the camera type showing at all. I tried various approaches and now just have the single file consolidated GPX version. I save it as 'Speed Camera' ( and also just for ease of identifcation on the 'stored files' menu, another for the European ones)
I used the generic 'car' symbol and as you, set the alert and show on map function. There is no way as far as I know to import/add different POI icons or set a special warning sound or distance trigger. Uploading the different type files seems pointless as there is no way to distinguish them on the map or alert tone
Interested to know if you had to set 'root mode' on the SatNAv menu for it to load the file - as this is what I needed to do. I can also only load a single file each time and also have to format the SD card after each download before adding another file. Simply deleting the file on the card and adding a new one doesnt work for me.
I have gone from being a 14 year user of Tom Tom to my first in-car system, and finally they do seem to have (almost) caught up. Mapping is good, directions excellent ( and very polite :-) ' PLEASE turn right ,,,) and the traffic alerts and re-routing very good.

Jeff

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: