Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating Camera Alert
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Camera Alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Updating Camera Alert Reply with quote

I have a TomTom 930 which up until a few months ago was able to use PGPS speed camera updates. however since a TomTom software update this is no longer possible. The TomTom ones are useless! I also have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone which I had installed Camera Alert some time ago. However the Camera Alert app tells me that its data base is out of date. How can I update this? Note I have a subscription to PGPS Speed Cameras which still has over a year to run.

TomTom 5200
Samsung Galaxy S8: Google Nav. Mapdroyd OSmap. Rmaps Andoid CoPilot
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the S5 'touch and hold' the 'hardware button to the left of the centre hardware button. The one with the rectangles on it when illuminated. Then chose 'Manage cameras'. I think that it's probably the 'hold' that is the bit you are missing.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating Camera Alert Reply with quote

promar wrote:
I have a TomTom 930 which up until a few months ago was able to use PGPS speed camera updates. however since a TomTom software update this is no longer possible.
You must be the only one in the world with this problem. I can't think of any reason why the 930 would not be loadable with the pgpsw camera database. Perhaps you could explain what you are doing and what happens to indicate it won't work?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
promar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating Camera Alert Reply with quote

Quote:
You must be the only one in the world with this problem. I can't think of any reason why the 930 would not be loadable with the pgpsw camera database. Perhaps you could explain what you are doing and what happens to indicate it won't work?

Hi Dennis
Thanks for your prompt reply. Some months ago when I connected the 930 to my pc and TomTom home to get some (subscribed) quarterly map updates it also indicated a software update for the 930 as well. This was quite a large download. After that, despite adding my usual PGPS camera updates (consolidated) nothing appeared. Searching the POIs in the " manage POI's menu revealed nothing. I checked that the relevant files were in the European map folder which they were. Apart from this the TomTom unit worked without problems. I suppose the only way to resolve this is to reload everything from an old back up, but I am reluctant to do this in case the unit fails completely!

TomTom 5200
promar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
On the S5 'touch and hold' the 'hardware button to the left of the centre hardware button. The one with the rectangles on it when illuminated. Then chose 'Manage cameras'. I think that it's probably the 'hold' that is the bit you are missing.

Thanks very much. Data base now updated. Problem now is linking the camera alert to this account as it seems to think that the password is invalid. I will sort it in due course!

TomTom 5200
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

promar wrote:
Data base now updated. Problem now is linking the camera alert to this account as it seems to think that the password is invalid. I will sort it in due course!
Result then Smile I think that if you raise a ticket, the admins will help you resolve the account problem. I assume that you didn't accidentally raise a CAxxxxxxxxx Username for CA dis you?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: