Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new problem with Noza tec truck ..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new problem with Noza tec truck ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: new problem with Noza tec truck .. Reply with quote

I really shouldn't be allowed out ...

When the box arrived, I naturally 'tried it out' .. all appeared to work .. but since yesterday midday I haven't seen a received satellite signal on it .. this was before I made any changes (New maps , POIs).

Anyway, I took it outside this morning to get it to locate itself (It thinks it is in Paris) .. after 20 minutes, no satellite detected. Took out my old Tomtom .. 7 satellites in under 3 minutes.

I did do a backup (All the contents of the PRIMO folder) before i touched anything...

If I restored it, would it be likely to make a difference? To restore, should I delete the box's PRIMO folder completely first .. or what should I do, please.

I should add that I changed the Navigation menu .. on the original view next to the on/off icon is an icon that looks a bit like a space capsule that takes you to a menu including 'Cockpit' : below that is a item that allows you to change the appearance of the navigation menu. trying this out I chose 'List' or something like that. This lists, top to bottom, Find, Show Map, My Route, and More... . All these work OK, but on the right is a panel with the On/Off icon and the menu icon .. touching these sounds a beep, but nothing happens. The only way to exit the satnav program is to power off the unit.
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restored from backup .. got rid of the menu problem, but still not seeing any satellites ..

not been my best buy.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a power off/on (Hold the power button till it switches off) does not fix the sat problem exit Primo, goto the second system menu and select GPSinfo. I assume that you have had a sat lock in the past?
After a complete reset, it usually takes a few mins to lock onto the sats, but from a warm start (when it hasn't been sleeping for days) it should get a sat lock in a few seconds outside.
If all that fails, send it back for a swap or refund. They do work though ;=)
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TJT,

When I go to GPSinfo, there is no data in the fields, and clicking return doesn't work, while clicking reset appears to do nothing, not even change the hue of the button, but about 10 seconds later a small window saying "OK" pops up,

click this and then the reset button appears to work and the return button returns to the system menu .. then if you click GPSinfo again, it is exactly the same the previous time.

I have emailed the supplier, but no reply yet.

Thanks for your interest
GJH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My unit does take several minutes sometimes to pick up satellites, especially when I switch it on just before we move off, but I haven't had that problem and haven't heard of it from any of the other motorhome owners who I know who have bought one.

On my unit there is a reset recess on the back to enable resetting with the end of a paper clip.

If that doesn't work I would be inclined to return it for replacement/refund.
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've done the reset bit several times .. no change.

Must be a buggy unit.

Have been in touch with Noza .. they said do the reset.

Hope they will swap it ..
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unit duly replaced after following their suggestions to get it going again .. unfortunately cost nearly 9 quid to return it .. they wanted tracked .. still, it's still cheap for a satnav ..

It's not exactly intuitive, but appears to work OK .. pity not spoken speed camera warnings, or even a different tone warning beep for various things ..

Now got to work on getting the PGPSW LPG POI's into it.

I suspect there is no point in putting PGPSW cameras
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taid wrote:
pity not spoken speed camera warnings, or even a different tone warning beep for various things ..
I suspect there is no point in putting PGPSW cameras
They will be a lot better than the cams that come with it Very Happy And if you are prepared to 'muck about' with it, you can get it to voice announce cameras. And you can change the beep sound for cameras, but it involves renaming files. The default is 'Alert5.ogg'

If the satnav was faulty, they should refund the return postage. (Distance selling)
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are refunding return postage .. this one is so much better than the other was originally (it did work for a couple of days)

Have put the LPG pois on and they work, but can't get the LPG icons to show .. have got rid of the default Google icons.. but no joy with the ones I want ..

I have followed a guide for Primo 8

but I have Primo IGO9 which doesn't appear to quite follow the same rules.

Problem now solved .. have got my POIs & icon working .. look at cameras next ...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: