Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can you buy a subscription as a present for someone?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you buy a subscription as a present for someone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Can you buy a subscription as a present for someone? Reply with quote

I'm about to pay for a subscription so my wife and I can use it on a smartphone app.

But, if I like it, can I buy, say for a Christmas present surprise, two more subscriptions for my sons? Or will this mess up the PGPSW payment database. For example, as all the payments (3 in all) will come from my Paypal account, will it think my sons are using the camera database illegally?

I have searched for an answer to this but did not find it so before I use the 'Contact form' , perhaps others have bought a subscription for another.

Thanks.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The licencing of CA allows one subscription to run it on up to three devices in the same household. Does this answer your query, as you indicate that you want to run it three devices?
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
The licencing of CA allows one subscription to run it on up to three devices in the same household. Does this answer your query, as you indicate that you want to run it three devices?

No unfortunately. My sons live at different addresses, so would not qualify.

Also, my wife and I would take up 2 devices.

I have now subscribed and downloaded the latest database.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to do it would be to create 2 extra user accounts, one for each of your sons. You can then purchase a subscription on each (the sub is linked to the username and not the paypal address).

The simply give them the log in details. Remember that they payment will auto-renew after 12 months so make sure you cancel it if you don't want to buy them it again for next Christmas!

MaFt
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
The easiest way to do it would be to create 2 extra user accounts, one for each of your sons. You can then purchase a subscription on each (the sub is linked to the username and not the paypal address).

The simply give them the log in details. Remember that they payment will auto-renew after 12 months so make sure you cancel it if you don't want to buy them it again for next Christmas!

MaFt

Thanks, that makes sense. And as to whether I keep the subscription going to next Christmas, well that depends on whether they have been good boys Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: