Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 940 Live Active Car Dock
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 940 Live Active Car Dock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Go 940 Live Active Car Dock Reply with quote

Can anyone provide a link to where I can buy one of these, looking to minimise the wear when swapping between two cars. All the links I have followed show the product as "Discontinued".
Else, with all the expiring 940 and similar machines, where have all the car mounts gone?
Many thanks
John
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had known , I binned the 2 spare ones I had a few weeks ago when I gave my tomtoms away . You might be better looking for a complete broken tomtom x40/x50 on eBay , just for the record I got mine off tomtom free of charge , I did it for my 940 & 950 just emailed them and said that my mount kept falling of the windscreen whilst I was driving and they sent me a new one out .
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...will keep an eye out but even Ebay seems "low in stock" as it were.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
I wish I had known , I binned the 2 spare ones I had a few weeks ago when I gave my tomtoms away .

Aaaarg!!!!

I would have had one too. Crying or Very sad
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even old reliable Buybits is out of stock. One alternative might be to put the satnav in a RAM cradle with a quick release attachment, then just have a mount in each car. That would allow quick transfers, but RAM mounts are sturdy and comparatively bulky.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expensive but:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Active-Dock-Traffic-receiver/dp/B001JJ4QHE/ref=pd_cp_ce_2
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
expensive but:-

Thanks, I have seen that - they were much less about 10 days ago. In any case, since my 940 is about 6 years old, if I were to consider spending that then a competitive 2598 is probably a better option for the future; spend 75 extra now but save Live and Map update costs so break even in about 12 months. Serious consideration being given to that. Thanks for the comments.
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch £71.21+ £18 p&p just for that mount .
You can buy a second hand Go750 or Go950 from eBay for around £80 including mount and cable at least you would have a satnav for both cars .
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
Ouch £71.21+ £18 p&p just for that mount .
You can buy a second hand Go750 or Go950 from eBay for around £80 including mount and cable at least you would have a satnav for both cars .

Agreed BUT second hand (or even new) x40/x50's don't incl the "active" mount which includes the TMC bit; just a normal screen mount.
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asda direct was knocking the same x40/x50 active tmc mount out for £35 when that first came out, just shows how the lack of them and the demand have pushed the price through the roof , only wished i had bought a van load from Asda .
If it's just the mount your after then it might be worth throwing a bid on this , it has no power cable but at least you can still buy them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TomTom-Active-Dock-Mount-Tom-Tom-Go-40-Car-Holder-/261550652755?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item3ce5a23d53
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gazza70.. not got enough time at moment to keep searching Ebay. Need to set up a search for such events but the description can be so varied.
The issue with the cable (as we all know) is that it is a mini USB, not the more modern micro USB so the cable will need to be moved and plugged in. It is a part solution until I get another cable.

Thanks again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: