Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Biker Caught by Combination of Speed and CCTV Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Biker Caught by Combination of Speed and CCTV Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Biker Caught by Combination of Speed and CCTV Cameras Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
A speed camera snapped a biker at 92mph in a 30mph zone in the small village of Seghill, Northumberland, but could not identify the offender. Because it was a front facing camera, it failed to capture the biker's number plate which was at the back of the bike.

Michael Arthur Lambert, 32, from Wallsend, North Tyneside was eventually identified by motor patrols officers. They scanned CCTV pictures from around the area until they found one that showed a clear picture of his registration plate.

Magistrates at South East Northumberland Magistrates’ Court banned Lambert from the roads for 15 months, but he escaped jail - he was given a 10 week sentence suspended for 12 months. He was also given 180 hours unpaid community work ordered to pay £500 in costs alongside an £80 victim surcharge.

The Chief Inspector Julian Bowran of Northumbria Police’s Motor Patrols commented: "At 90mph he was doing more than three times the legal limit and his actions were reckless, foolish and could have been disastrous. A collision at that speed could have killed or seriously injured him or other road users."

Source
email icon

Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see and hear many high power bikes round my way that whilst they are not doing 90 in a 30 are well over the limit.

These sort of bike should be banned as the majority of these are ridden dangerously and the noise is anti-social
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree there Wink
kingofthehill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very sweeping statement! I enjoy riding a 'high power' sports bike responsibly (as I care about my own safety) and am too aware of the poor standard of driving by a proportion of motorists.

Yes, this was excessive and deserved the punishment, but then so does use of mobile phones whilst driving, operating sat navs, lack of observation etc.
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingofthehill wrote:
Thats a very sweeping statement! I enjoy riding a 'high power' sports bike responsibly (as I care about my own safety) and am too aware of the poor standard of driving by a proportion of motorists.

Yes, this was excessive and deserved the punishment, but then so does use of mobile phones whilst driving, operating sat navs, lack of observation etc.

+1

I ride every day a bike capable of over 160 mph but it does not mean I ride the roads like a total pr@t, as the person in the article did. In my neigborhood the motorcycle problem is teanagers on mini moto bikes riding round the streets usually two up and of course the bikes aren't road legal carry no number plate, they have no insurance and no helmet. But I guess this is better than them stealing cars and doing the same.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the chances of them killing themselves are higher thus reducing the problem.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that my statement was a bit too general and there are sensible and safe bikers out there. Unfortunately not in my area.

In fact, as I type this I can hear a bike traveling on the A312 to Heathrow/M4 that I reckon has got it up to at least 15k rpm before changing gear on a 50mph road.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: