Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Harley Davidson Boom Box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Harley Davidson Boom Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Harley Davidson Boom Box Reply with quote

I have a 2014 Harley Davidson with the new Boom box Infotainment System the system is partnered to naviextras, my question is the naviextras mapping on the unit does not have safety cameras available for Harley to download Is there a way round this...?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probable that your device runs a version of iGO software. The PGPSW database can easily be imported to iGO as long as you can get access to the system's filing system by connecting it to a PC. There might be other methods of importing the database via a USB stick though. Does anything in the manual give you clues? Is it possible to connect a computer to it?
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...the instruction are no good at all and there is absolutely no important information provide about the navigation system anly how to set it for routes etc, I have found out though that I can upload files using Tyre and GPX files

I can only connect the computer by USB stick the system is built in similar to cars
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Boom Box update Reply with quote

I am more than happy to have a go at downloading the database which version of iGo should I purchase I assume that if I download it and then copy it into a usb stick that I should be then able to upload it into the mapping software?

If it doesn't work then I have only spent £19.00...

Disappointing not to have had a response so I will just have to wait till they include safety camera as part of the package
Compo48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dozzer

I'm just trying to find out about the nav software on my Harley Limited. I'm also thinking it's the iGO software. As you say, the information provided by Harley is next to useless!

I've downloaded the Naviextras Toolbox and loaded it on my laptop. Over the next few days, I'll download a snapshot of what's installed on the device (I think it's called a fingerprint). Once that's done, I should have more idea of what software etc. we have.

I'll let you know.

Neil
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much I have looked at so many options and tried most tricks I know of..Why Harley didn't just go with Garmin beats me it would have been so much easier even the mapping on Naviextras is 2 years out of date...be interested in what you find out as I am seriously thinking of just using the Boom Box for entertainment and installing my Tom Tom on the ultra...
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is iGO then I can tell you what to download and where it goes in the iGO file structure. The problem as I see it though is actually accessing the file structure of the device. I don't suppose the nav software is on an SD card is it? If it is, it's easy peasy.
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its on a usb stick I uploaded it from the Boom Box, whether its right or not I don't know but anything is worth a try
Sorry for my tardy response

Dozza
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that you have to leave the USB stick in to get the nav software running?
Compo48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8TJT

No, the Harley comes with a package called the Infotainment system which includes the iGo software. We don't need data on a USB stick to get the nav system running.

There has been a recent upgrade to the software that is uploaded to the bike via an ISO file. I think the ISO file contains software upgrades for the radio etc as well as any upgrades to the navigation software.

By way of the Naviextras software, and using an export of the data (called a fingerprint) it is supposedly possible to upgrade maps etc (although I've not tested this yet). I'm not yet sure how the upgrades will be applied, although I guess it's the reverse of the export process.

I've not yet found a way of looking at the file structure of the iGo setup, as that's on the bike itself it's a bit difficult! The whole system as loaded on the bike is a bit new, and there's not a lot of info anywhere on t'internet about it. We are sort of learning as we go along!

Neil
dozzer48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niel...you can say that again...all I want to do is to load up Safety camera locations, my wife's Toyota has the same system and has speed cameras already loaded...

Naviextras software has no updates from maps with the Harley log in and when you click on the catalog part of the shop, all the extras you can buy which include safety camera software are all blanked out.

I can get the navigation running that's not the problem...although only being able to load 9 stop overs (waypoint) is ridiculous, I've also checked with the Harley technical people in the UK and they have no idea either so I think I will install my TomTom rider and just use the infotainment for what its worth listening to music!

I was just trying to workout if there was a way around to install safety camera software. The latest software upgrade which I have installed is nothing to do with the navigation system

Thanks for all your help

Dozza

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: