Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Feel The Love With CompeGPS and Sygic Offers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Feel The Love With CompeGPS and Sygic Offers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Feel The Love With CompeGPS and Sygic Offers Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
If your better half hasn't already reminded you, it's Valentine's Day tomorrow. And what better way to show your loving affection than to give someone the gift of a map or a navigation app?

Spanish outfit CompeGPS are offering 2 for 1 on their TwoNav maps. The TwoNav range of products are specifically designed for outdoors activities (biking, walking, running etc) and you can see the full range on their website. The Vaelntine's offer is for today and tomorrow only (13th-14th Feb) and you'll need to visit their news post to get the required voucher codes for the offer here: blog.compegps.com/2014/02/13/valentines-day-2x1-maps-twonav/.

Sygic's deal is to offer 50% off all their apps on both Android and iOS up to the 16th Feb. Simply search in the iOS AppStore or, for the Android version, head to their website here: www.sygic.com.

And who said romance was dead...??!

email icon
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And who said romance was dead...??!
All the people who have already shelled out on it. Sad Pah Stop it!
Juniper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how much Sygic for Android is please? On the Play store it just says Free and "Offers in-app purchases". I CBA to install it just to find out how expensive it is!

Edit: Sorrry, it is on the Sygic site - I had just gone straight to the Play store
http://www.sygic.com/en/android:buy-now

Europe
Buy now £ 22.99 Was £ 44.99 View Details

Western Europe
Buy now £ 29.99 Was £ 35.99 View Details

Central Europe
Buy now £ 26.99 Was £ 31.99 View Details

Eastern Europe
Buy now £ 26.99 Was £ 31.99

So Europe is cheaper than Western Europe!
stefantapp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Sygic app for my iPhone/iPad as a backup (my Tomtom fell off the screen last week and has been a bit temperamental since then).

I went for the full Lifetime World map with the HUD add on at the special deal mentioned above.

I used it today and I'm pretty impressed, nice maps, nice clear voice guidance, it can even tell you when you are approaching a bend, how severe and how far!!

Haven't had a chance to use the HUD display but an article I saw last week said it was pretty impressive.

If it wasn't for the fact I'd recently renewed my HD traffic on the Tomtom I'd have done that on the app too, seems about 1/4 of the price of Tomtom for the same data as far as I can see.

Stef
stefantapp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it must be cheaper to get the free version and then upgrade in-app because I only paid £37.99 for the Lifetime World and HUD.

Stef
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame the mapping & interface is poor, I wasted my money on UK & IRE, I don't use it as it's so poor.

Should have heeded a warning from a mate. Rolling Eyes
stefantapp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:
Shame the mapping & interface is poor, I wasted my money on UK & IRE, I don't use it as it's so poor.

Should have heeded a warning from a mate. Rolling Eyes

Really? I don't think it's that bad to be honest, mapping seems ok to me, it's certainly very fluid on my iPhone and iPad.

Stef
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, the mapping is dire, especially around certain areas of Surrey.

Where I live it tells me to drive ½ mile to the left (W) to do a U turn, so to go right (E) out of the road where I live and yet you can do a right hand turn out my road, which some interfering oink keeps renaming. Twisted Evil

I should darn well know what the name of my road is as I've lived in it for nearly 50 years! It's some feckwit townie who keeps doing it, never mind the fact that there's a nameplate with the road name on it at the bottom of the road, right beside the main road through the village!
stefantapp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:

Where I live it tells me to drive ½ mile to the left (W) to do a U turn, so to go right (E) out of the road where I live and yet you can do a right hand turn out my road, which some interfering oink keeps renaming. Twisted Evil

I should darn well know what the name of my road is as I've lived in it for nearly 50 years! It's some feckwit townie who keeps doing it, never mind the fact that there's a nameplate with the road name on it at the bottom of the road, right beside the main road through the village!

Ah right. I haven't used it much yet so not noticed. It claims yo use Tomtom maps and traffic etc doesn't it? I like the version on the iPad as it gives quite a bit more info on the side too, not that I have anywhere sensible to put the iPad in the car(s) mind!

Stef
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazza_G wrote:

If you are talking about Sygic (you do not specify) then it uses TomTom maps, and Google POIs.

If it is wrong, have you ever submitted an error report, or did you just shout at it, stop using it, and let it carry on mis-directing others? Unless real people correct the maps, they will stay wrong for years until (and if) TomTom get round to driving along the road in question.

Sygic maps are updated (no charge) at least three times a year from the latest TomTom data.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported 6 times, they correct the errors and admit they're wrong, then next update undo it because some brainless muppet from town says the road that I've lived in for the last 47 years (Church Lane) is called Blackheath Lane, it's not.

It's the former.

They also keep altering the entrance into our road, so that the last one tells you to do a left turn & do a U turn to go right.

You can go right our of Church Lane, you just need to keep left of the traffic island, not that Guildford Borough Councils cowboy refuse collection department takes any notice, having almost had a head on with their rubbish truck coming out of the in turning. Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: