Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Turn off alert for confirmation of mobile camera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn off alert for confirmation of mobile camera
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Turn off alert for confirmation of mobile camera Reply with quote

Apologies I have searched for this and cannot find what I am looking for.

I use CamerAlert everyday and also stream music via Napster on iPhone. When the software detects a nearby Mobile camera and asks for a confirmation. How can I turn off the 'ding'? When there a loads of possible mobile sites this gets really annoying. Happy to press the Cross or Tick but I would like to disable the noise.

I have alerts for all other cameras.

Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't possible at the moment.

MaFt
awayday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for Android too.

This 'ding' is more than annoying - it is distracting. And at a time when the possible presence of a mobile camera suggests that the location is a troublesome one when all attention should be on the road. At the very least there needs to be an option to disable the 'ding' - and I think the whole concept of asking drivers to press tick or cross whist moving is suspect.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awayday wrote:
and I think the whole concept of asking drivers to press tick or cross whist moving is suspect.
Then don't do it Very Happy
awayday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that speedy response which clearly demonstrates that you have penetrated to the very core of the point in question. And your suggested solution is so profound! Wow!
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It strikes me that the whole point of the App is to warn users that there is a camera or possible camera ahead. To turn off the warning sound would, to me, defeat the whole object of the app.

It could also be considered that the warning could be there to advise of a 'troublesome location' so the reaction to the warning sound should not be to start looking around for the camera, but instead just to lift a foot off the gas, and treat the next few hundred yards of the journey with a little more care.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the initial warning that a problem but the very annoying Bing that acts as a reminder after the initial warning until you pass the camera location. Sadly there's no way to turn it off.

When I get the initial warning I (and I suspect others users) do check my speed as you suggest. But the Bing continues to annoy.
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make a request to add this functionality into the next version? Thanks
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@awayday
You have obviously missed the smiley at the end of my post.
However, although it's there so that you can easily report a 'seen again', I do agree that the ding could be VERY annoying if you Bluetooth CA and it suppresses whatever else you are listening to. C'mon Lutz, it's only one more check box in the setup.
awayday
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support on this. Please note the same issue exists on Android too.
Let me try to be a constructive on this.
As for at least 95% of the time mobile sites are not policed, it would surely be sensible to assume the 'cross', perhaps double the size of the 'tick' box to make it easier to hit, and give the user the option to remove the intrusive bing - which is of course always in addition to the warning chosen by the user.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
@awayday
C'mon Lutz, it's only one more check box in the setup.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment above it's also worth bearing in mind that PGPSW have other more pressing issues with CA for iPhone to worry about at the minute.

I'm sure Lutz is aware of this request.
Meter_Man
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Ding Sound Reply with quote

I agree with the comment, I have the verbal warning but the "ding" is VERY LOUD and very annoying!
Davidonly
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
It strikes me that the whole point of the App is to warn users that there is a camera or possible camera ahead. To turn off the warning sound would, to me, defeat the whole object of the app.

It could also be considered that the warning could be there to advise of a 'troublesome location' so the reaction to the warning sound should not be to start looking around for the camera, but instead just to lift a foot off the gas, and treat the next few hundred yards of the journey with a little more care.

That's odd, most often mobiles are placed on the only safe overtake for the last 15 miles.... I think there is insufficient cynicism on this site. These things are not placed to slow people for 'hazards'. They are placed where people speed up because its safe to travel more quickly! That's what feeds to Speed Awareness Courses.. generates the money.

Add in a 50 zone that was 60 until 3 months ago and BINGO: Instant job security and pension funding for some sad people.

And NO I don't think the Gov't wants that cash. Its all 'spent' sustaining the system to the benefit of those within it. The AA take a slice out for running SAC's. Most of it is absorbed by the parasites.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more than enough cynicism here, but think about it, what the hell is the point of waxing lyrical about it. It won't change anything. Everyone knows what they are up to (he said somewhat cynically) so no point talking about it.

@ meter-man. As the developers have known about this complaint for quite a long time and have done nothing about it, I think that it's likely to be a permanent feature despite requests for making it switchable (Cynical head on again. I must stop it!)
pcjbt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent ages to get my app to talk to my Bluetooth radio I am fed up with the ping that follows the warning for the mobile cameras. It IS very distracting, especially now that I'm waiting for it to happen. It is an unnecessary additional sound in what is a busy environment. Why does it have to be so loud? Please reconsider allowing development time to have a button to turn this off in the iPhone app. Up to now been a great advocate of the app and a member for years, but this bong, bing, Ping is a making it less useful.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: