Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In car holder for Samsung tab3 10.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In car holder for Samsung tab3 10.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: In car holder for Samsung tab3 10.1 Reply with quote

Hi all,
First off, apologies to all if I've posted this in wrong section. I've just bought my better half a Samsung Galaxy tab3 10.1 for her birthday. From what I've read I understand the unit has a gps device fitted and that the tomtom for android app should run. I'm looking at mounting this tab to the dash/windscreen of my Renault Meganne grand scenic which is a RHD on a 2010 plate. I've got a trip to Scotland coming up and like the idea of using the tomtom app on such a large screen.
I've read users comments here previously which speak well of the Brodit mount. I've had a little look and understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that as well as the active mount I need the pro clip for my vehicle type?
What I'm wondering is:
1. Can anyone comment on how secure this pro clip and mount would be attached the dash's air vents and
2. Is there an alternative option of a similar quality or is brodit considered to be the best.
TIA,
Pete
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of us here would agree that Brodit are the dog's danglies for the mounts. I've used about 5 different mounts across various different cars and never had any problems with them, even when a lot of weight is put on them Smile

MaFt
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a big fan of Brodit mounts along with the move clips I must say I have been disappointed with the my current ones on a 2012 focus and 2010 mondeo which neither seem to actually clip behind the panel gaps and both relying on double adhesive for further fix, albeit not very well, On the Focus the first time I used it with a move clip and swivel mount my hand on the steering wheel fouled the phone so had to remove the swivel mount and extend the steering column fully to miss.
Despite this I do think they are possibly the best system available although expensive.
I have also used these on five cars and sometimes use third party holders and adapted to use on brodit mounts including a 10.1 Tablet mount but unfortunately not been brave enough to use it, certainly would not risk using any 10 inch tablet on a vent mount.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with aj2052, I've used Brodit mounts and holders in a number of cars and been very happy with them but the clip in my BMW frequently comes loose & the active mount for my SGS3 is a pain in the ar$e - the fit is too tight & it always takes 2 hands & a fair bit or force to remove the phone.

I wouldn't mind mounting my Nexus 7 in the car but, like aj2052, I haven't been brave enough to try it
rfp2001
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "mount" my Nexus 7 on a non slip mat on the dashboard of my BMW 3 series. It does have a leather cover which will fold to make a stand. It remains perfectly steady and remains always in easy sight. This is, I reckon, the maximum size screen to have in this position - 10.1" would take just too much vision away!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rfp2001 wrote:
Bu**er!! My PC won't allow me to edit nor delete the extra posts!!! Apologies to all who read the extra 3!

IanS100 wrote:
There were only 2 copies for the second post so one more and you should've cracked it Laughing

rfp2001 wrote:
Hahaha!!!

All duplicates magicked away...
But there were still two copies of "HaHaHa!" mate, so your problem still seems to be there. Confused
rfp2001
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooer! Thanks, Andy!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: