Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Renault to offer R-Link with TomTom option on more vehicles
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Renault to offer R-Link with TomTom option on more vehicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Renault to offer R-Link with TomTom option on more vehicles Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Renault has announced that its R-Link multimedia system will be available on more of its model range.

R-Link is an Android powered, 7" tablet form factor, in-dash multimedia unit that offers TomTom navigation, apps, traffic etc. In Renault's expanding line-up of electric vehicles, R-Link is also able to display charge information, battery range and electric charging pout POI data.

Renault are also working to improve the content available in the R-Link app store, R-Link goers not have access to Google's Play apps tore as apps are vetted for suitability, and safety, given the automotive installation.

R-Link will be available on Renault's Zoe and Fluence electric vehicles, as well as Captur, Scenic, Megane, Laguna, Kangoo and Latitiude.

Source: Renault.com

email icon

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well my Kangoo van has it and I'm getting the van back tomorrow morning after six days in the dealership trying to get the **** thing to work decently. So far as I can gather from the dealership, it's a work in progress and they'll let me know when it should work. Maps and Live services are included, but subscriptions are Renault prices, so it hurts a lot - except that I found that out and went and bought a GO 1005 for £250 with lifetime maps and 3 years Live - cheaper than buying Renault updates.

From six weeks since new of Live Services not working and old map (v9.05) with no sign of a later map uyet, I can't recommend R-Link to anybody!! Although a TT satnav, it is NOT supported by TT, only Renault and they don't seem to know what it's about.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure about that Dennis Laughing Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it may be worth worrying about the electric charging points POI data - They have Renault dealerships as POIs too and my dealership POI is located a couple of streets away from true - inside an area with no through roads to get across to the dealership!

Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Although a TT satnav, it is NOT supported by TT,

Does that ever sound familiar ;)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Renault are also working to improve the content available in the R-Link app store

Don't laugh - there are EIGHT apps in the app store (two of which are TT Live Services and Coyote, a similar traffic and cameras app).

In the price list (for my Kangoo van) the R-Link option is priced at £675 + £135 vat, total £810. Shocked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: