Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No New Maps (915) for the 400/500/600/6000 Again!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No New Maps (915) for the 400/500/600/6000 Again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: No New Maps (915) for the 400/500/600/6000 Again! Reply with quote

Well the New "Flagship" Devices have been left behind again.

The 910 Maps arrived on these devices only a couple a weeks ago as all others were getting ready for 915,

Now the 915 maps for the 400/500/600/6000 are being touted as "Late September".

Total joke that TomTom launch a premium product and cant get the latest map updates on it. (Not to mention the ongoing bugs with Ghost updates that dont exist contactly flagging for download), the Map Share function not being enabled, and all the other bits.

Yes its a great fast satnav, the traffic via phone seems to work well, but with a £27 a year rip off charge for the substandard TomTom SpeedCams and no means of installing any others its a joke.

This unit has been on the market months now, and there seems to be no sign of decent support, the odd mumbled maybe and sometime here and there.

The least they could do is get the latest maps on the thing on time

VENT OVER!!!!
Milesey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new range is a long way from being their "premium" product. I was fortunate to be able to try one for a few weeks and although some nice UI features, I decided to stick with my 1005 for the foreseeable.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not live with the 1000 series anymore it was just too laggy on the UI side of things. entering a postcode was a comedy of errors with laggy responses.

The 500 is great as a SatNavI dont want/need a lot of the extra's that have been tagged onto satnavsoverthe years,

I Need,

Reliable Traffic, the 500 provides this (The smartphone link is worlds ahead of the old built in sim on the 1000)

I know not a lot changes over the 3 months between map updates (Lets face it they used to be annually), but the excusses that it takes several months to get the 3D Data added to the new maps each time,!!! Well in that case drop the 3D data or at least offer a 3D Data and non 3D Map option, the map is bloated by another 2gb with the 3D data anyway!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: