Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New 500 GO, Fits TomTom Blue&Me 2 Dash Socket (Just!)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New 500 GO, Fits TomTom Blue&Me 2 Dash Socket (Just!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: New 500 GO, Fits TomTom Blue&Me 2 Dash Socket (Just!) Reply with quote

OK, so I have had a TomTom Blue&Me2 Live in my Fiat 500c for some time, and love the Lead Free Dashboard connection (I despise loose leads in cars!)

But found the B&M2 (Based on the Live 1000) to getting too old and slow, it only had 1Mb of space left after the maps were updated, and the Software on it was really old TomTom just seem to have given up on updates for this model.

I wanted to update but wanted to keep my Dash Socket so was sort of stuck, but Bingo, the New 500 uses the same connector (The new 400 which is the same size as the old Live 1000 Does not BOO!!))

So problem, mount made for 4" Satnav and a New 5" Model.

Well it does fit, just with the mount wide open it snaps in and fits snuggly, so now I can have all the new features and still keep my lead free dashboard.

Here are a couple fo images of the fitment

So anyone with a B&M2 Mount in the car, the 500 will fit,

Also tried another fitment option that also worked by removing the top bracket and putting a dot of sticky velcro on mount and satnav, that works a treat as well.
Jay2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.
So does the Blue&Me Mount also charge the new TomTom Go500? Can you probably post some pictures of the charging connector/socket of the new TomTom?
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay2k wrote:
Very interesting.
So does the Blue&Me Mount also charge the new TomTom Go500? Can you probably post some pictures of the charging connector/socket of the new TomTom?

The Charger socket on the 500 is identical to the old 1000 series so yes the mount will charge the new 500 series no problem at all.

I have now slightly modified the B&M Socket putting a magnet inside it which works better for holding the 500 in place securly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: