Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - unable to use Pgpsw cameras in iphone 4s with tt app
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

unable to use Pgpsw cameras in iphone 4s with tt app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: unable to use Pgpsw cameras in iphone 4s with tt app Reply with quote

Hi

I have an iPhone 4s with ios (6.1.3) and I am just unable to transfer either custom made poi list or pgpsw camera list to the map folder of tomtom iPhone app 1.14. I have previously successfully done so with disk-aid .

Until I upgraded to this latest ios (6.1.3), there was no problem at all and I had been using camera database in TT iPhone app as instructed somewhere on these forums without any issues, including making sure that mapsetting file goes to a different folder and ov2 files/bmp files go elsewhere as advised in instructions.

But now when I use copy to device option on disk-aid or try to drag poi file or camera files to map folder of the app, there is a message that it cannot open destination file.

I have searched these forums and googled it but cold not find an answer except that disk-aid blames it on apple.

Is there any workaround that I should try? (except using cameralert app in the background)

If this does not work, is there any other solution to use custom pois and pgpsw cameras in iPhone 4s or any other smart phone with TT App? or any other piece of advice please?

ratom
mvl_boston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: unable to use Pgpsw cameras in iphone 4s with tt app Reply with quote

RATOM wrote:
If this does not work, is there any other solution to use custom pois and pgpsw cameras in iPhone 4s or any other smart phone with TT App? or any other piece of advice please?

I don't know enough about iOS to help.

But the TT for Android app permits display of 3rd party POI (even though not formally supported), and with CameraAlert in the background you get the warnings.

So it is an option if you are willing to switch phones.
CAA_1128141156
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: unable to use Pgpsw cameras in iphone 4s with tt app Reply with quote

RATOM wrote:

But now when I use copy to device option on disk-aid or try to drag poi file or camera files to map folder of the app, there is a message that it cannot open destination file.

I have searched these forums and googled it but cold not find an answer except that disk-aid blames it on apple.

Is there any workaround that I should try? (except using cameralert app in the background)

ratom

Hi Ratom,

In TT1.14, there is a new directory call "poi" in document folder, put all the ogg, ov2 and png/bmp files there rather than in the map folder. You can use diskaid to copy the files over.

Look at the "Apple GPS Device/PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App" from page 39.

Stephen.
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: TT iphone app and PGPSW pois working Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

Just cannot thank you and this forum enough.

Mostly sorted and poi/cam icons working fine now except that no audio warning are there although ogg files are in the poi directory in document folder which you talked about in your email.

Maybe because I have not put in a fresh mapsetting file. Had saved manually 48 favourites when I failed to use poi file before your help arrived so would try the new mapsetting file some other time. Hopefully that should get me audio warnings too.

Thanks again

ratom
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is the case, you will need a new mapsetting file to get the warnings. It's in with the sound files you downloaded.

Same thing happened to me recently but if you download a free PC program called POIEdit (it's old and unsupported now but it still works) you can open up your old mapsettings.cfg and save them as their own POI Category. I just called mine "Old Favs" added an icon and copied them back into TomTom as a POI Category.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: