Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go Live 750 - I screwed it up...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go Live 750 - I screwed it up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Go Live 750 - I screwed it up... Reply with quote

I have a Go Live 750 - it has (had) everything installed onto its SD card - application - maps everything.

Off to the states v soon - so just bought the US maps. Thinking my card was not large enough - I decided to take off the exisiting full Europe maps - using Home.

I screwed up most royally - and managed to delete everything on my sd card.

No problem I thought - reinstall from the last backup (by Home)

I did this and it has reinstalled the application - but no maps - no voices - so effectively my device boots up but is good for nothing much else.

Trying to update I get nothing showing as regards maps, I should have the original Europe maps and also the newly purchased USA maps showing as a download right ?

I used to have a 910 - my only thought is that somehow I have screwed up the email adresses / registration of this device and so Home cant link my 750 with its Europe maps or the newly purchased USA maps.

I tried logging it into Home using the email address I used when I bought the USA maps (bought via Home) and no luck - I also tried logging it in using the email address I used for my old device - still no luck.
I tried linking it to my current email address - nothing - but now I think I am screwed as you can only link devices every 6 months ?

Is there any way I can manually find TomTom backup files on my pc and copy them over to my device - I ideally want to put application files onto the device emory and any Europe maps I find onto the SD card.

I am at a loss as to how to download my new USA maps now though !
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Go Live 750 - I screwed it up... Reply with quote

pyromaniac wrote:

Trying to update I get nothing showing as regards maps, I should have the original Europe maps?

No, unfortunately not. The ORIGINAL map on a device is not available to download, only any new maps you have bought (should) be there. That's why backups are so important.

Also, as you've now found, doing backups using Home is often a recipe for disaster, we suggest you ALWAYS use Windows Explorer to make them (by simple copy and paste of everything from the unit into a new folder on your PC).

pyromaniac wrote:
... and also the newly purchased USA maps showing as a download right ?

I used to have a 910 - my only thought is that somehow I have screwed up the email addresses / registration of this device and so Home cant link my 750 with its Europe maps or the newly purchased USA maps.

I tried logging it into Home using the email address I used when I bought the USA maps (bought via Home) and no luck - I also tried logging it in using the email address I used for my old device - still no luck.
I tried linking it to my current email address - nothing - but now I think I am screwed as you can only link devices every 6 months ?

Difficult to see exactly what you've done there, but a phone call to customer services should be able to sort out any account name problems and at the same time they SHOULD be able to see the US map purchase and make sure it's assigned correctly.
While you're at it, you could make a big fuss about the lost Europe map, and they MAY reassign it to your account. (others have managed to convince them in the past, but not always!)

pyromaniac wrote:
Is there any way I can manually find TomTom backup files on my pc and copy them over to my device - I ideally want to put application files onto the device memory and any Europe maps I find onto the SD card.

Have you tried just doing a Windows Explorer disk search of the entire C: drive, looking for a folder called "Europe", "Western_Europe" or "Western_and_Central_Europe"??
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registration.... When you bought the USA map, you would have received an email receipt. I would have thought that will be your registration email address.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download and install the free version http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
Good chance you can recover the files.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: