Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Couple of Questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Couple of Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NigeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Couple of Questions Reply with quote

Great app, really useful.
I've taken to using the list view because the map view often does not seem to be able to keep up (and I have a decent data package with good bandwidth - better then my ADSL much of the time).

Is there a way to make the list view default but still have the option to have a button showing to get the current map tile?

The other thing is I get overwhelmed with alerts and then the tick/cross pop-up appears, but I have no idea which camera it is for. The only way I can tell whether I am coming up on a camera position is by the direction indicator and distance - which are covered by the pop-up making it impossible to know whether I'm Xing the camera location I think I'm at. To exacerbate this, the pop-up seems to disappear before reaching the camera location so when I am sure I am at a location and can see for sure nobody has a hair-drier pointed at me I can no longer press the X.

I've no doubt it is how I have the app configured - I like long warnings for mobile cameras since they have a long range, but if I can't do anything with the pop-up I'd rather not have it appear at all.

Thanks,
Nigel
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NigeT wrote:
The other thing is I get overwhelmed with alerts and then the tick/cross pop-up appears, but I have no idea which camera it is for. The only way I can tell whether I am coming up on a camera position is by the direction indicator and distance - which are covered by the pop-up making it impossible to know whether I'm Xing the camera location I think I'm at.

If you rotate phone / holder through 90° so that you see CA in landscape mode, you'll be able to see all the info about the camera with the tick box at the end.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Questions Reply with quote

NigeT wrote:
Is there a way to make the list view default but still have the option to have a button showing to get the current map tile?
In the Map Options - Show Map, there are 3 Options. Have you tried the alternatives?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
NigeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Unfortunately I don't want to use the phone landscape - its not that great that way round for SatNav and many other apps (I want to see ahead not to the sides).

I did try the options in the settings. If you choose to default to map view then you get a button to switch to list view and back, but defaulting to list view there is no button to switch to map view.

Thanks again,
Nigel.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not have it set to Map - Always, and then switch it to List View, leaving it until such time as you want to toggle it back to Map View?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: