Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Alert and Phone calls
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Alert and Phone calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Camera Alert and Phone calls Reply with quote

I use Camera alert on a Note II and generally works very well. Its an ideal solution for me except one thing.

If im in a call (on Bluetooth obviously) and the app wants to tell me of a camera etc then the call audio drops back to the phone earpeice.

Is there a setting or is this a bug or 'feature' of android that cant be got around?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a new version of the application in the approval process that should handle such a situation better. It will only gently vibrate the device (when/if vibrator is present) instead of trying to pipe the audio.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
We have a new version of the application in the approval process that should handle such a situation better. It will only gently vibrate the device (when/if vibrator is present) instead of trying to pipe the audio.

Thats great... its about the only thing about the app I can fault but its been quite a disadvantage for me recently as been working in London where there is a camera every 5 seconds and it messes with any calls I have.

I even went out and bought a Road Angel Gem, but thats another story.... but basically its crap and its going back!!
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up using CA on my SGS3 because it caused me problems with calls so really looking forward to the update, any idea when it will be available?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
I even went out and bought a Road Angel Gem, but thats another story.... but basically its crap and its going back!!
Perhaps you would like to share the story with the rest of us? What's not good about it?
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Tomo wrote:
Perhaps you would like to share the story with the rest of us? What's not good about it?

Its just not fit for purpose in my eyes.

The warnings for Fixed cameras can be changed between 250m,500m,1000m and can be doubled if your travelling over 50mph.

Yet the warnings for mobile locations are set at 500m and are NOT doubled if travelling over 50mph. As we all know, the lasers that are used are approved up to 999m. Take my journey to and from London this week. Some of the slip roads off are quite long, say 400m. Im just at the area of the slip where the hatchings start and the Gem warns me of the possible camera on the over bridge. Erm.... if there was a camera there, then it would be way too late!!!

Its even set at 500m for the so called 'Live' cameras.

Its a 'connected' device, like the TomToms and should get regular updates on 'live' cameras when fellow users press the button on it. TomTom share this database apparently and have had quite a lot of 'live' warnings from my TomTom when a camera van has been parked there. So why doesnt the Gem go off too?

Also, it has a speed limit database, apparently the best in the country. Erm No.

Apparently a section of the A40 in London is 5 mph.

Yes, 5mph. Even if the GPS was out and getting an adjacent road, how can a public road have a 5mph limit?

Many roads ive travelled on this last two weeks have the wrong limit listed. Even my TomTom 1000 is more (much more) accurate on the speed limit.

I love camera alert as its so simple to update but the phone call thing was very annoying and a distraction. Once this is sorted, then it will be brilliant. The TomTom 1000 is too much of a faff to keep updated.

Would love to see CA to be 'live' connected too sometime in the future, giving other users updates on real time locations of the vans.

The Gem does seem to be very good with the fixed camera, red lights etc.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
Would love to see CA to be 'live' connected too sometime in the future, giving other users updates on real time locations of the vans.

That's a feature I'd love to see too
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
Tomo wrote:

That's a feature I'd love to see too

Interesting thought. Perhaps the mobile site 'tick/cross' could be extended to be something like that Wink Wink

MaFt
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

Any update in the release date for this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: