Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RoadAngel equivalent to use GPSWorld database ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RoadAngel equivalent to use GPSWorld database ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyA
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: RoadAngel equivalent to use GPSWorld database ? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've got an old Mark 1 Road Angel that still runs but isnt the best as their database is pants, I've got a TomTom and an iGo as well, but all I really want is something hat works like the Road Angel that I can run with the GPSWorld database, which the Road Angel can't use (unless anyone knows of a way to get it to accept the database). i like the way it alerts me with the beeps & flashing light thats all I need, I dont want to have to run TomTom all the time just for the camera alerts.

Does anone know of a device that will do what I want ?

Cheers,

Andy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamerAlert on a smart phone. (Directional alerts)
iGO (Directional alerts)
TT (Non directional alerts)
LazyA
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but I don't want a TomTom or Igo solution, but the phone solution could be interesting... Will look into it. Smile thanks for that. To be honest I'd rather just have a direct replacement for the road angel that I don't have to worry about as I like the way it alerts me. Any other suggestions ?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there is a standalone device of the type that you want that works with the PGPSW database. Someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong about that.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all history now, but the Inforad K1/K2 and the PGPSW was a marriage made in heaven. Sadly the divorce, as is so often the case, quickly followed

The device was rechargeable by USB, directional and configurable to some extent.. It's compact form meant it could be kept on a keyring, in a shirt pocket or under the soft collar of a motorcycle helmet - to many it was the ultimate "Camera Alert"

RIP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: