Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Practical suggestions for settings?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Practical suggestions for settings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Practical suggestions for settings? Reply with quote

Please can anyone advise the best way to avoid getting warnings for cameras on nearby parallel roads? In my area, there are many places where there are 30mph or 40mph cameras on the "old" road that has since been bypassed by a fast dual carriageway. CameraAlert gives warnings for the old road when driving on the dual carriageway because the cameras are nearby and the road runs parallel. Stand-alone GPS units don't seem to have this problem... they seem to be able to decide which road is relevant with great accuracy. I have played around with the CameraAlert settings a bit, but cameras that are both close and parallel to the road I'm on seem to be a problem. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the advanced settings you could try reducing Direction difference, Warning cone and Warning sensitivity by, say, 5 degrees to see if that helps.

However a downside to doing that is that you may then miss cameras around corners that *would* affect you. So it's a tie up between getting some false positives (getting a warning that's not relevant to you) and missing out on warnings that would be relevant to you.

Also, if you give me the camera ID's in question (locate on the submission map - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=SubmitCamera - click the camera icon and give the number eg GATSO:12345 (you can also tap the icon in cameralert to get this) then I can see if the angles can be adjusted a little so it still warns on the correct road but reduces the chance on the parallel road - this may not be possible though.

MaFt
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: The cemeras in question Reply with quote

The cameras in question are:

SPECS:90303 (valid, on A14) and MOBILE:87558 (alerts on A14)

and

MOBILE:93661, which alerts on the nearby A428 despite being on a side road
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The cemeras in question Reply with quote

shschampion wrote:
SPECS:90303 (valid, on A14)

I presume that means it's fine and doesn't need adjusting?

shschampion wrote:
and MOBILE:87558 (alerts on A14)

I've tweaked this a little bit but it's probably one you'll have to adjust the warning cone to 'fix'.

shschampion wrote:
MOBILE:93661, which alerts on the nearby A428 despite being on a side road

There's nothing we can do for this... sorry!

MaFt
shschampion.deleted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: