Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT XXL vs Go720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT XXL vs Go720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhubarbe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: TT XXL vs Go720 Reply with quote

Hi

My trusty old Go720 is dying. The battery has gone, the internal memory has failed and now the display has gone insensitive and need 'poking with a stick'. I know I can deal with the first 2 but the display problem is the killer.

I've tried 2 NAV3 devices have found the updating process to be far too temperamental and 'fragile' and in each case ended up returning the device for a refund.

I'm wondering if I should just opt for one of the older XXL NAV2 devices before they all disappear.

I don't need all the 'bells and whistles' from the Go720, I just want something I can stick on the screen that tells me where to go. I don't want it to link to my phone, play me music, etc.

In another thread, someone mentioned that the navigation algorithms are better on the NAV3 devices than on the XXL. Given that I've been quite happy with what my 720 does can anyone advise me how the basic navigation capabilities of the XXL compare with those of the Go720.

I know that I will be missing out on the Lifetime maps that are available on some NAV3 devices but I see little benefit if the update process is such a PITA.

Any info appreciated - Andy Smile
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The routing on a newer model is much faster than on an older one, that's true.

But if both devices have the same version map (and IQ routing), then the route selected should be the same on both......
Rhubarbe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David Smile

Much as I thought. I can get the XXL EU for around £90, that should do me as an 'occasional user'.

At least I'll be able to back-up my TT and if it all fouls up (as it seems to do with NAV3 devices) I can at least copy the old files back and be able to use my nav sysyem.

An alternative would be one of the Garmin systems but having had a look in the Garmin sub-forum they seem to have their problems as well.

I'll probably stick with what I know.

Thanks again - Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: