Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 7dayshop.com - excellent!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

7dayshop.com - excellent!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerStenning
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: 7dayshop.com - excellent! Reply with quote

http://www.7dayshop.com/

Ordered some bits, including a 256mbSD card from them 15th of last week, and lo and behold, it's the 21st, and three packages are on my doorstep in the post, including the SD card - which was only £24.49. Being Guernsey, there's no VAT either! Smile

Can't rate them highly enough: They did exactly what it said on the tin: Send by 1st class mail, should take no more than 7 days. Hell, it was here in SIX!

Note: With their being outside the UK VAT regime, you may get hit by HM C&E for VAT & Import duty. I seem to have gotten lucky this time round, but always budget on a hit, just in case ;)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually if it's under I think £18 then you won't get charged customs duty. However, all of my orders for printer paper and inkjet cartridges have usually been around £70, but they'll split the items up into multiple jiffy bags, and you'll get a dozen or so come through the post. I suspect with an SD card, it's small so doesn't attract attention.

7Dayshop.com are good, I've used them for years, the only niggle I have is it usually takes a lot longer, I find around 7-10 working days.
BritishEddie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using 7dayshop for what must be about three years now an they have always been an excellent supplier. Of all the things I've ordered there has only been one case when they didn't have an item in stock, and in that situation they sent the rest of the stuff to me straight away and then the final item arrived a few days later with no extra postage.

I've never been stung with tax even though most orders have been over the bracket because, as Dave said, they split orders into smaller packages. Even single items that are over the bracket don't seem to be stopped by customs though.

With regards to their delivery times, I think they slowed down a lot about 12 months ago because I'm sure I remember orders coming within 2 or 3 days rather than the 7-10 days I seem to wait now. Maybe they are just becomming a victim of their own sucess or something and can't keep up with their orders as well as they used to. Their prices (esp. postage) and service in general are extrememly good though so waiting an extra few days for an order is certainly not enough to send me elsewhere.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: