Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest 765 version and Parrot Asteroid
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest 765 version and Parrot Asteroid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Latest 765 version and Parrot Asteroid Reply with quote

I've finally managed to get Cameralert to run on my Parrot Asteroid after installing the latest 765 update but the app closes within a couple of minutes unless I am interacting with it (this is with music streamed from the SD card in the background). Unfortunately for me in my trials it meant that the app closed when processing the initial database upgrade and I ended up with no database on the system at all as the server recognised it had sent the initial free download (overcome by using one of my subscription activation's).
Has anyone else had a similar thing happen with the app closing before it is really useful and if so did you resolve it with any particular settings being applied?

Also has anyone found a way to stop the Asteroid music player from adding the CA sound files to its library? I tend to just let the system play a random track so keep getting these included. I have tied adding a .nomedia file to the directory but Asteroid doesn't seem to respect this.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using the external sound files on the SD card, right?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lbendlin,

Yes I am. The problem with the sound is not Cameralert at fault and is more Parrot not programming the Asteroid to not index any media files in a directory with a .nomedia file in it (though this may have been introduced post 1.5)

I have got further today and although the app always drops to the background I am now getting alerts when coming up to cameras. I did find an odd situation where when I turned off the 'all clear' notification in settings I lost all audio notifications. I never get the all clear ones though only the initial ones. I will have to investigate more on this as I only did some brief tests today.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: