Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vauxhall Insignia - Navi600
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vauxhall Insignia - Navi600
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norton500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Vauxhall Insignia - Navi600 Reply with quote

Apologies if this come up already over the years - a quick search in the 'factory fit' section couldn't find anything....

Up to now I've used a TomTom 750 and been very happy with the PGPSW database. I've now changed to a 2012 Insignia with a factory fit 2D Navi600 satnav which I believe is a NavTeq/Bosch effort.

I'm obviously looking to see if I can download the PGPSW speed camera database to it (and possibly some POI's) - I already understand that I can't get audible warnings with this satnav. The satnav uses an SD card and also has a USB socket.

Is this satnav supported?

Thanks, Michael
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? I'm getting an Insignia with a Navi 900 soon. This is the model up from the Navi 600 and - I would think - pretty similar in many ways.

I'd like to have speed camera warnings on the built-in sat nav to have having to use a separate camera locator.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help? Page 57 on and particularly P 67
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks. That does help.

Now I need to know how to convert a download file into the correct format. To date I have used a Garmin and POIloader so it was easy.

Below is the file format required. I've had a look at various download formats and can't seem to find an exact match. Is there one or - if not - which one is closest and what is the easiest way to covert it?

Longitude, Latitude, "POI Description", "Extra Info"

There need to be spaces 'after' the commas and the file must be saved in UTF-8 format.

Thanks Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamin POILoader format would be closest to that.

Although we don't have spaces after the comma. I'd try it anyway without them but if it doesn't work then open it in Notepad or similar and do a find/replace for ',' to replace with ', '

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From where have you got the info about the space after the comma? It's not usual in a comma separated values file. Have you had a look at any of our .text or .CSV files. If a .CSV file has the right data, all you need to do is rename the extention from .CSV to .text. The internal file structure is the same for both. (Unless MaFt comes along and points out the error of my ways).

Is the system the same as that which I linked to? If so, that does not mention the space, just that it's a text file, which I assume must have a .text extention.
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Bosch Navi900 is the same in the Meriva as in the Insignia. I got the information regarding the spaces from a post on the Insignia Enthusiasts forum at http://www.insignia-enthusiast.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2743 where someone covered creating POI files to upload to it.

They say spaces were necessary and if you look at the screenshot on page 66 in the Meriva Navi 900 manual that you provided the link to, there do look to be spaces after the commas although it doesn't actually mention them. Confused

Also when you convert the PocketPGSWorld speed camera download from CSV format to the format required by the Navi 600/900 using Route Convertor at http://www.routeconverter.de/home/de, it does add in the spaces - see the first line output below when saving in the Navi600/900 format using this software. There are 2 fields that are unused for speed cameras at the end of each row that it includes as blanks. I think they're for 'more info' and 'phone number'.

-2.177870, 50.683040, "W-GATSO:1@40", "", ""

At present, it would appear that the process is as follows. Hopefully, someone can suggest how this can be streamlined/shortened:

1. Download PocketGPSWorld speed camera database in CSV format.
2. Extract the pocketgps_uk_sc.csv (or equivalent) file from the ZIP file.
3. Open this file in Route Convertor and save it in Navi 600/900 format.
4. Upload this file to the Navi 600/900 as per the instruction manual P66.
5. Enable proximity alerts for the uploaded POI category (Navi 900 only).
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James12 wrote:

1. Download PocketGPSWorld speed camera database in CSV format.
2. Extract the pocketgps_uk_sc.csv (or equivalent) file from the ZIP file.
3. Open this file in Route Convertor and save it in Navi 600/900 format.
4. Upload this file to the Navi 600/900 as per the instruction manual P66.
5. Enable proximity alerts for the uploaded POI category (Navi 900 only).

Have you tested this and confirmed it works?

If so then if you can send me a working file I will make a version specifically. Some help with installation instructions in return would be good though Wink

MaFt
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have booked some time on Friday to look at this so I should be able to feed back early next week.

I'll try both the CSV and POIloader versions and see what happens with each of them when run through Route Converter. The file that Route Converter outputs from a CSV file looks to match the requirements of the Navi 600/900 as per the instruction manual - and I presume that they've confirmed it works.

My slight concern is the inclusion of the 'blank' extra info and phone number fields on the end (seeing as they aren't required) for the speed camera database) but I think it'll be OK.

I think the last 3 fields have to be in speechmarks because a comma is a valid character to have within the fields themselves so these have to be enclosed in speechmarks so the system can differentiate commas that separate the fields from commas within the fields.
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this to work on Friday. I downloaded the POIloader file, opened it in Notepad, removed the header row, and saved it in UTF8 format. I then created a folder with the required name on a suitable USB stick, copied the file to it, gave it the correct name, imported it, then turned on the proximity alerts.

There's a LOT more detail to it and I can write a proper guide. However, I think the first step might be the create a test file in the correct format that should import straight to the system but there's quite a few gotchas just with this.

I could type everything out there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way of doing this sort of thing?
rupertx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Ive just got a new Insignia fitted with the Navi 600 unit.

Im also trying to get various POI's imported across to it but not having any joy at the moment.

one item I need is the speed camera poi but ive also got another one which I created on my tomtom which shows all my customers across Scotland and the NE of England.

Id love to try and get this one transferred over from OV2 for tomtom to the new navi 600

Any help gratefully appreciated

Cheers
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertx wrote:
Im also trying to get various POI's imported across to it but not having any joy at the moment.
Perhaps you would share with us exactly what you have tried, what data you have used and why whatever you are trying does not work; error messages etc?
rupertx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha...managed to get my customer list added and also my speed camera looks to be added too but I cannot work out how to actually set the speed camera warning parameters.

I can view them if I click navigate to "my POI's"

what have I done wrong ?

I imported from a USB stick containing a folder myPOIs
James12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, do you have a Navi 600 or 900?

Both can import "MyPOIs" but the proximity feature is only available on the Navi 900 where it is enabled and configured as per the instructions.

Post back and let me know. I can double-check at the weekend if needs be.
rupertx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

I have the Navi 600

I have just downloaded it again and am going to try a fresh install

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: