Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Sygic have a Christmas Special at the moment with a buy one get one free offer on their Android App. To take advantage of the offer simply purchase the app direct from Sygic's website and you will be sent 2 licenses - one for you and one for a friend.

The offer is on until Christmas Eve and if you're an iOS user then there are a number of reductions on Sygic in the AppStore.

email icon
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo, does this mean I'll be able to get lost in stereo? Shocked Laughing
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It's 3D not stereo, that's sound Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Long time user Reply with quote

I canonly say i am jealous. I am a long time user with it on my htc hd2, previously on my hp iPaq.
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost, and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
Wonderful in Majorca in September, and Ireland before that. Prvious years used in France and ity. As th eprevious poster said, just download the maps you need. Routing works well if you use contiguous maps. Very Happy
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Long time user Reply with quote

Fellwalker wrote:
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost
How do you do that?
Fellwalker wrote:
and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
When was the last map update released?
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:

As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.

I am surprised. I hate Sygic's routing and for me it has never agreed with TomTom or Google Maps for that matter. I fail miserably and get very frustrated when I try to get Sygic to take TT's route by either 'avoid' certain roads, or add waypoints. It still tries to do its route and then at a very late stage divert off.

Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tablet S, TomTom. Osmand+ and Sygic. Ex-TomTom Go 1000 Live, ex-TomTom Go 700, ex-TomTom truck, ex Navman/Ipaq
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
No. It's 3D not stereo, that's sound Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy

I can't wait until we get the fourth dimension...

Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tablet S, TomTom. Osmand+ and Sygic. Ex-TomTom Go 1000 Live, ex-TomTom Go 700, ex-TomTom truck, ex Navman/Ipaq
worried
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I said. Rolling Eyes
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Staff.

Is it allowed for this post to be a meeting place for "who wants to be my partner for half price Sygic?" before the deadline?

BTW, not me. I'm more than happy with my CamerAlert/Waze/OsmAnd+ setup. But just wondering for others.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Long time user Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Fellwalker wrote:
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost
How do you do that?
On Monday, 4 April 2011,Sygic sent me an email giving me the right to download and install Sygic Aura (as it then was) on my Android device. I didn't get an Android till this year, but I keep my old emails, so was able to find it after I had contacted Sygic support to check what I had to do.
M8TJT wrote:
Fellwalker wrote:
and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
When was the last map update released?
The last update for my HD2 was advised to me by email from Sygic on Friday, 16 March 2012.
It said:
Dear customer,

We have prepared a free map update for Mobile Maps 10 for Symbian and Windows Mobile. This update is available for devices running the Symbian OS up to Symbian Anna. Symbian Belle is not supported. This update is not compatible with the Windows Phone platform.

This update contains latest maps:

Latest road coverage
Updated speed cameras
Updated POI database
Updated lanes
Updated speed limits
Updated one-ways

Hope this helps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Fellwalker.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
navtrav wrote:
JaTe wrote:

As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.

I am surprised. I hate Sygic's routing and for me it has never agreed with TomTom or Google Maps for that matter. I fail miserably and get very frustrated when I try to get Sygic to take TT's route by either 'avoid' certain roads, or add waypoints. It still tries to do its route and then at a very late stage divert off.

Is it just me not quite understanding, but why would you get frustrated with Sygic and try to compare it with TomTom when your signature suggests that all your TomToms 'are in the past'?

Surely if you don't have faith in Sygic then why don't you revert back to TomTom, not that the maps will be much different as Sygic say they get their data from TomTom. The only thing I find as a negative with Sygic is the ad-hoc nature of updates and as they admit, is between 1 and 3 a year.
I have not had problems with Sygic routing on my Android, except where the information provided to them on the maps has been wrong. TomTom still have roads showing as public when they are farm tracks that I reported well over a year ago, and should never have been wrong.
The previous update on my HD2 used to use road speed limits as its driving speed, which was a bit weird.
As JaTe says, why would you want to force a satnav to use a different route to what it recommends? Speed limits change, route priorities and roundabouts change...
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
I would agree with you Fellwalker, I have come across the same. In fact it seems that some potential bridleways also get included.
I can recount one very recent example at Littlecote House just outside of Hungerford, where they have the site's exit gate as a way in and there is a short stretch of 'road' shown as accessible immediately adjacent whereas in actual fact it is only just about a walkable ground soil pathway overgrown with trees, it is certainly not a tarmac surface or similar. Hopefully TT will amend the roads into Littlecote House accordingly as I have submitted them as corrections.
We can but hope. I got a response from TomTom 18 MONTHS after one of my submissions to confirm that they had accepted it and WOULD be amending it in future! There really is no excuse for it.
TheQuest
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Help? pleae Help? Reply with quote

Hi all

Help?

Saw this thread and thought that look like a good offer from Sygic, as a friend as just got herself a new S3, and thought to give her the the free license along with a SDCard I have got for her for Christmas,, so went ahead and got UK & Ireland , got the email with my license, and
Discount Code then got the other license, this was done without an account because of unable to create one.

Now for why I need the help please, having a big problem with creating a Sygic account, every time I try to create the account [I have tried at least 15 times now Sad] it keep returning:- Bad antispam code Surprised.

Have tried Two OS and three system, Win and Linux along with three different web browsers, [i]Internet Explore, Mozilla Firefox and Konqueror all give the same result.

Now need some help please, having a small problem with creating a Sygic account, every time I try to create the account [I have tried at least 15 times now Sad] it keep returning Bad antispam code Surprised.

I have tried to find a way to [to get help] report the issue to them, but have been unable to fine a support page to this.

Would any one know how I can get in touch with Sygic support about the problem I am having?

Many thanks in advance
With regard
Take Care
TheQuest Cool

PS. Sorry it I seem to go around the houses to get to the point, but I have NEVER Grrrr had a problem like this before. Embarassed

Last edited by TheQuest on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: