Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 14527
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Sygic for Android Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Sygic have a Christmas Special at the moment with a buy one get one free offer on their Android App. To take advantage of the offer simply purchase the app direct from Sygic's website and you will be sent 2 licenses - one for you and one for a friend.

The offer is on until Christmas Eve and if you're an iOS user then there are a number of reductions on Sygic in the AppStore.

email icon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IanS100
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2008
Posts: 870
Location: Southport

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo, does this mean I'll be able to get lost in stereo? Shocked Laughing
_________________
Galaxy Note 4 / TomTom GO : CamerAlert : CoPilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man


Joined: Apr 04, 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Bexhill, South Sussex, UK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It's 3D not stereo, that's sound Rolling Eyes


Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaTe
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier


Joined: Jan 22, 2007
Posts: 742
Location: N.E. Essex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon its a good offer. You can have as many copies as you have android devices from the first licence and whoever benefits from the second licence can do the same. That means I have two sets of maps and my daughter will benefit from the second licence.

Even better is that the Europe map at 49.99 or 41.78 comes split down into individual countries, so therefore you can load what you want, when you want, without overloading the storage.

As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.
_________________
John.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member


Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Posts: 207
Location: Up North

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Long time user Reply with quote

I canonly say i am jealous. I am a long time user with it on my htc hd2, previously on my hp iPaq.
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost, and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
Wonderful in Majorca in September, and Ireland before that. Prvious years used in France and ity. As th eprevious poster said, just download the maps you need. Routing works well if you use contiguous maps. Very Happy
_________________
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man


Joined: Apr 04, 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Bexhill, South Sussex, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Long time user Reply with quote

Fellwalker wrote:
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost
How do you do that?
Fellwalker wrote:
and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
When was the last map update released?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navtrav
Regular Visitor


Joined: 03/01/2003 19:00:24
Posts: 122
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:


As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.


I am surprised. I hate Sygic's routing and for me it has never agreed with TomTom or Google Maps for that matter. I fail miserably and get very frustrated when I try to get Sygic to take TT's route by either 'avoid' certain roads, or add waypoints. It still tries to do its route and then at a very late stage divert off.
_________________
Tim
------------

Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tablet S, TomTom. Osmand+ and Sygic. Ex-TomTom Go 1000 Live, ex-TomTom Go 700, ex-TomTom truck, ex Navman/Ipaq
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navtrav
Regular Visitor


Joined: 03/01/2003 19:00:24
Posts: 122
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
No. It's 3D not stereo, that's sound Rolling Eyes


Very Happy Very Happy


I can't wait until we get the fourth dimension...
_________________
Tim
------------

Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tablet S, TomTom. Osmand+ and Sygic. Ex-TomTom Go 1000 Live, ex-TomTom Go 700, ex-TomTom truck, ex Navman/Ipaq
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
worried
Lifetime Member


Joined: Mar 02, 2006
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man


Joined: Apr 04, 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Bexhill, South Sussex, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I said. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier


Joined: Oct 15, 2008
Posts: 1923

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Staff.

Is it allowed for this post to be a meeting place for "who wants to be my partner for half price Sygic?" before the deadline?

BTW, not me. I'm more than happy with my CamerAlert/Waze/OsmAnd+ setup. But just wondering for others.
_________________
Garmin Nuvi 2599
Android with CamerAlert, OsmAnd+, Waze & TT Europe.
TomTom GO 730, GO 930, GO 940 & Rider2.
SatMap Active 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member


Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Posts: 207
Location: Up North

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Long time user Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Fellwalker wrote:
Now ive been delighted to install it on my nexus 7 at no extra cost
How do you do that?
On Monday, 4 April 2011,Sygic sent me an email giving me the right to download and install Sygic Aura (as it then was) on my Android device. I didn't get an Android till this year, but I keep my old emails, so was able to find it after I had contacted Sygic support to check what I had to do.
M8TJT wrote:
Fellwalker wrote:
and i still get free map upgrades on them all.
When was the last map update released?
The last update for my HD2 was advised to me by email from Sygic on Friday, 16 March 2012.
It said:
Dear customer,

We have prepared a free map update for Mobile Maps 10 for Symbian and Windows Mobile. This update is available for devices running the Symbian OS up to Symbian Anna. Symbian Belle is not supported. This update is not compatible with the Windows Phone platform.

This update contains latest maps:

Latest road coverage
Updated speed cameras
Updated POI database
Updated lanes
Updated speed limits
Updated one-ways

Hope this helps.
_________________
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man


Joined: Apr 04, 2006
Posts: 10102
Location: Bexhill, South Sussex, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Fellwalker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaTe
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier


Joined: Jan 22, 2007
Posts: 742
Location: N.E. Essex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
JaTe wrote:


As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.


I am surprised. I hate Sygic's routing and for me it has never agreed with TomTom or Google Maps for that matter. I fail miserably and get very frustrated when I try to get Sygic to take TT's route by either 'avoid' certain roads, or add waypoints. It still tries to do its route and then at a very late stage divert off.


Is it just me not quite understanding, but why would you get frustrated with Sygic and try to compare it with TomTom when your signature suggests that all your TomToms 'are in the past'?

Surely if you don't have faith in Sygic then why don't you revert back to TomTom, not that the maps will be much different as Sygic say they get their data from TomTom. The only thing I find as a negative with Sygic is the ad-hoc nature of updates and as they admit, is between 1 and 3 a year.
_________________
John.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member


Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Posts: 207
Location: Up North

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
navtrav wrote:
JaTe wrote:


As far as routing is concerned, I have a route (itinerary style) as far as Vienna for an upcoming trip and it virtually mirrors the TT route.


I am surprised. I hate Sygic's routing and for me it has never agreed with TomTom or Google Maps for that matter. I fail miserably and get very frustrated when I try to get Sygic to take TT's route by either 'avoid' certain roads, or add waypoints. It still tries to do its route and then at a very late stage divert off.


Is it just me not quite understanding, but why would you get frustrated with Sygic and try to compare it with TomTom when your signature suggests that all your TomToms 'are in the past'?

Surely if you don't have faith in Sygic then why don't you revert back to TomTom, not that the maps will be much different as Sygic say they get their data from TomTom. The only thing I find as a negative with Sygic is the ad-hoc nature of updates and as they admit, is between 1 and 3 a year.
I have not had problems with Sygic routing on my Android, except where the information provided to them on the maps has been wrong. TomTom still have roads showing as public when they are farm tracks that I reported well over a year ago, and should never have been wrong.
The previous update on my HD2 used to use road speed limits as its driving speed, which was a bit weird.
As JaTe says, why would you want to force a satnav to use a different route to what it recommends? Speed limits change, route priorities and roundabouts change...
_________________
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
19.012 (13 Jan 21)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping