Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Halfords
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Halfords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Threemonkeys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Halfords Reply with quote

Just purchashed tomtom 700 from them today lucky for me i checked there web site instore price 449.00, not web price in store price displayed 499.00, had print out with me gave it to me for the 449.00 price without any fuss, i wonder wether they change there istore price to wot they display on there web site or just be quiet about it .
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Halfords Reply with quote

Threemonkeys wrote:
Just purchashed tomtom 700 from them today lucky for me i checked there web site instore price 449.00, not web price in store price displayed 499.00, had print out with me gave it to me for the 449.00 price without any fuss, i wonder wether they change there istore price to wot they display on there web site or just be quiet about it .

You've been done.

TomTom 700 at currys, comet £416. Also comet gave an extra mount free.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most big retailers have cheaper on line prices to those instore. Running on line has lower overheads, which is why on line only dealers are cheaper.

Most retailers (except PC World I diecovered) will agree to price match their on-line price but you must raise it first and tell them what the price is. Their sales people are not allowed to tell you. Simple print out saved me £350 on a Sony LCD TV at Comet - and I got to take it away the same day.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threemonkeys, try this, I just got it direct from Halfords web site

Price Promise
If you can buy the same product cheaper, within seven days and 20 miles of the store, we'll match the price. Even against trade outlets! Please ask for details of conditions. Excludes internet and mail order.

As you bought in store, the internet get out clause shouldn't be relevant, you might get a 34 quid refund, its worth asking take a printed copy of the web page from the Halfords site with you - Mike
chrissyb_tsp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can let you in a little secret:-

In order for Halfords to buy Medion units at such a low cost price for them, they have to sacrifice a few things. Firstly, accessories and straight forward send backs. Halfords have been rumoured to agree to take the costs of faulty units on the head... in order for them to have a good backing from Medion with decent support for their units, they would have to spend more on their cost prices. Halfords decided to buy units at the cheapest price possible and in doing so, sacrificing their support. You'd think they would sell them cheaper, if they were buying them cheaper.... but no one knows any retailers cost prices and waht they make from each unit.

It's a good thing too that Halfords have made Medion part of their obsolete range and are not dealing with Medion or Mio anymore.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: