Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sygic Poor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sygic Poor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fincaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Sygic Poor Reply with quote

Hello All, I have just purchased an aftermarket sat nav media player, it really is good for what I paid but The Sygic maps are very poor, I live in spain close to Malaga and if I search for "Malaga airport" it comes up "not found" or "Malaga train station" "Not found" I have been on to the suppliers who have contacted Sygic who say I will have to put the address in which to me seems unacceptable as I was previously using my Galaxy 2 and it was perfect.
It seems there must be a better version of the maps can anyone help

Regards

Kevin
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what version of Sygic it is running? Should be an 'about' section somewhere in the settings.

Also, where are you typing 'Malaga Airpot'?

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Sygic do the same as TT on this one by limiting the search radius for POI. A bit better than useless, but not much. I have just tried to route to POI in Brighton (from Bexhill) and it's OK. Very Happy But when I try to route to POI around Peterborough, I only get Peterborough Rly Stn. Rolling Eyes
fincaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Sygic Poor Reply with quote

I can't find a version number only when it is shutting down it says do you want to exit Drive 10, I am searching in address

Regards

Kevin
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sygic Poor Reply with quote

fincaman wrote:
I can't find a version number only when it is shutting down it says do you want to exit Drive 10, I am searching in address

Hit the menu button (3 horizontal lines) then scroll down to settings, then scroll down to about. That should do it. However I think Drive 10 may be another name for Sygic Mobile Maps 10, which is obsolete and now at least two or three years out of date. The latest version is Sygic GPS Navigation 12.1.3.

Also how exactly are you doing this search? What box do you find it in? Do you do "navigate to" and then what? If you choose "nearby POI" and then start typing Malaga Airport then it should come up quicker than you can finish typing. It does for my local airport, which is about 25 miles away. But all of that assumes you are using the latest version.

If you have MM10 I can't remember if you have the search facility or how you use it. In that case you can only blame the supplier who put on an obsolete app. In that regards your Galaxy 2 will be using Android (which the latest Sygic runs on), and I guess this unit may be using something more archaic.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
fincaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again thanks for your help, I have done all that and have searched by every means possible and malaga airport is not found. The version is definately drive 10, what I really need to know is where do I get the latest version that will run on windows ce net 6.

Regards

Kevin
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fincaman wrote:
HThe version is definately drive 10, what I really need to know is where do I get the latest version that will run on windows ce net 6.

Regards

AFAIK you have got the latest retail version for Windows CE. They have withdrawn support for that a long time ago I am afraid. They now support only iOS and Android in their personal GPS range. You could try their website (www.sygic.com) because they appear to still support CE with their business fleet software, but I don't know how good that would be or what it can and can't do. By the looks of it you will have to pay probably as much as the unit cost you even if you can find something suitable.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Nearby POI option. I was working on the principle of, for instance, how do you find Leeds castle unless you know it's near Maidstone not Leeds?
My iGO on my other device just finds it without any 'special' input. Just go to POI and start typing. Simples.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note also that Sygic Version 12+ only works on Android 2.3+
NOT 2.0.1 and up as it says on Google Market/Play
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I've got 2.3+

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: