Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom App 1.11 Out Now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom App 1.11 Out Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: TomTom App 1.11 Out Now Reply with quote

What's New in Version 1.11

- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.

- NAVIGATE TO CONTACTS: users were unable to select addresses from their address book without agreeing to share information with TomTom. With this update you can select contact addresses without needing to agree to information sharing. Please note that the app never has and never will share any of your contact details with TomTom or anyone else.

- AUDIO OUTPUT SWITCH: easily stream all iPhone audio to the powerful speaker of the TomTom Hands-free car kit (or any other Bluetooth A2DP device).

- FOURSQUARE™ PLACES SEARCH: Find millions of exciting places to visit by searching with Foursquare, even if you are not a Foursquare user. Log into Foursquare and you can also check in at your destination so you don’t miss any points on your way to becoming its new mayor. (1)

- NAVIGATE TO COPIED ADDRESSES: easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting into the TomTom Navigation app. The app will automatically work out the location and navigate you there – no typing needed! (1)

- CHANGE ROUTE TYPE: plan a route using your default route type setting and quickly recalculate it using a different type with this new Route Option.

- CUSTOMIZABLE MENU: reorder the items in the main menu and location selectors to your personal preference. If you use your address book frequently as destination choice, you can even place the ‘Contact’ item back into the ‘Navigate To’ menu.

- CLOSING THE MENU ON IPAD: on iPad you can now choose to close the menu only when double tapping outside it. This stops the menu from closing if you accidentally miss a button.

(1) When used, these features need to share your location in order to work. Full details can be found in the about screen of the app.
SgtRock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: 1.11 Western Europe Reply with quote

The new version wiped out all my favourite addresses, sigh ....
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not here. Did you do a backup of your device before updating? Could try restoring that, then update again.
st1967
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.11 Western Europe Reply with quote

SgtRock wrote:
The new version wiped out all my favourite addresses, sigh ....

No help I know but I use diskaid and always take a copy of mapsettings.cfg when I update my speedcameras.

The updates always overwrite all my manual POIs so I have to put them back too.
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wiped me out as well!

For years, I have been backing up my TomTom 720 manually - exactly to stop this happening.

I thought that iTunes was making a backup for me, obviously wrong there!

If I try to look at my iPhone files on my PC, I can only basically see my photos, so how do you create a manual backup of the mapsettings.cfg file please?

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
If I try to look at my iPhone files on my PC, I can only basically see my photos, so how do you create a manual backup of the mapsettings.cfg file please?

Have a look at This thread which details how to get at the mapsettings.cfg file along with a few others - Mike
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Mike, thanks for this.

As it happens, I only lost my Home location and half a dozen Favourites. It's a pity that TomTom don't protect the mapsettings.cfg file when they issue updates.

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom59 wrote:
It's a pity that TomTom don't protect the mapsettings.cfg file when they issue updates.
Shame indeed. They have known about the problem for quite a while now. Shocked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: