Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TrafficMaster Junction Transmitters
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TrafficMaster Junction Transmitters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: TrafficMaster Junction Transmitters Reply with quote

Since the start of this year I've been noticing that the data Trafficmaster pushes out on the western section of the M25 has been failing.

In January 2011 the junction transmitter that feeds Freeway/Oracle/QBusta units has been out of action. A few weeks ago the transmitter at junction 12 clockwise failed.

To get a true picture I got my old RAC Traffic Alert 1210 out of the loft and got that installed. This unit flashes when it receives a signal so is a better way of telling when you collect a new signal. The results are astonishing:

M25 Clockwise working transmitters:

J 11 - No
J 12 - No
J 13 - Yes
J 14 - No
J 15 - Yes

M25 Anti-Clockwise working transmitters:

J 15 - Yes
J 14 - No
J 13 - No
J 12 - Yes
J 11 - No

What astounded me yesterday was that my built in unit with RDS-TMC was showing a totally clear M25 anti-clockwise from J 15 to J 12 whereas in reality it was nose to tail almost stationary traffic as I was going clockwise.

Other roads in the vicinity, A4 for example, were showing traffic delays so data was being received.

I'm not surprised to see the continual PND unit posts about bad/missing traffic data if this is the best Trafficmaster can do.

rant over Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post makes a pleasant change from people banging on about TTs HD Traffic Very Happy Very Happy
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by Trafficmaster that the sensors are working properly and they no longer support transmitting to these type of units. (AA/RAC etc). So I presume if it stops transmitting then they don't fix it.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my complaint a few weeks ago they apparently reset the database and for a few days I was picking up transmitters that were previously not working.

Since then some of them have been dropping off again.

It wouldn't surprise me if what you say is the case and if so why don't they just admit it instead of just apologising ?

I do find that the units that receive a direct signal are more accurate than the RDS-TMC that has to wait for the data to be relayed to the various radio stations before updating the RDS units.

A frequent situation for me is that the Q-Busta will tell me that the queue on the M25 clockwise starts at J13 whilst my RDS-TMC Honda unit is showing it starts at J15. It is almost always the Q-Busta that is right and RDS-TMC is late to the party.

Thanks for the info Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Cfcfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Dismayed to loose Trafficmaster Reply with quote

I have had a TM Freeway for years and am able to take it from car to car. TM are ceasing this service and that of Oracle and Q Busta. They suggest you buy their Smartnav GPS system instead. This is £450 plus licence fees.

What are other doing? Which is the best combined traffic and GPS system? (I don't want to use a smart phone becuase I have blue tooth system fitted in the car and do not want the GPS to interupt the radio and sometime I need the phone for taking calls).
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's due to terminate next month. I've already taken my Q-Busta out and I'm now relying on my Honda built-in RDS-TMC.

It's not as up-to-date as the Q-Busta but I'm going to have to live with it.

As an example, when joining the M25 at junction 11 clockwise, the Q-Busta would warn of traffic from J13 whereas the RDS-TMC was only showing traffic from J15.

99% of the time the Q-Busta was more accurate. Only when I got to J13 did the RDS catch up and show the correct traffic start point.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: