Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: TomTom GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterLuit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian,

I did not test it, but the TTGo should work as you request. Just switch off the sound, but you would still be able to hear POI alarms.

Peter
LH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanH wrote:
There are a couple of things that I would like to see added to make it even better: Auto volume increase as speed increases.

Yes, this could be implemented with an inbuilt microphone, picking up and evaluating ambient noice. (I microphone would also make way for voice commands Wink) A photo sensor could be used to adjust the screen brightness.

AlanH wrote:
Possibility to switch off the display and hear voice instructions only - main benefit being increased battery life.

You could use the night mode with screen brightness set to lowest level. Not as battery conserving as switching off the display, though.

Regards
-- LH
AdrianFox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterLuit wrote:
Adrian,

I did not test it, but the TTGo should work as you request. Just switch off the sound, but you would still be able to hear POI alarms.

Peter

No, if you switch off sounds alarms are visual only!
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Wish: Control voice and other sounds volumes independant Reply with quote

AdrianFox wrote:
However, I do want to be able to hear the speed cameras alerts.

Why would you need this in the first place, if you don?t break the speed limit then you wont need it?
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife makes exactly the same point - and of course you are right.

In my defense, I say that if they are truely "safety" cameras then they are sited in accident prone locations so knowing in advance where they are means I can not only watch my speed but be extra alert for whatever it is that makes this an accident prone location ; be it a blind corner, adverse camber, unsighted entrance or whatever.
wez99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: New Mount from Brodit Reply with quote

Brodit have just designed the new mount for TTG
see it here. http://www.brodit.se/images/215027.jpg

Don't know about price though

John
midlandlady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Safety cameras Reply with quote

Hi

I have been using my TTG for a month or so now and I am impressed. After reading the forum I have tried to find the safety camera POI but can't find it to activate. Can anyone help please. Thanks interesting reading all your thoughts. I had Navman on my iPaq previously, dropped iPaq and bought TTG because it was cheaper than repairing my iPaq, what a good move, Navman is Naffman compared to TTG, no comparison!!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Safety cameras Reply with quote

midlandlady wrote:
Hi

I have been using my TTG for a month or so now and I am impressed. After reading the forum I have tried to find the safety camera POI but can't find it to activate. Can anyone help please. Thanks interesting reading all your thoughts. I had Navman on my iPaq previously, dropped iPaq and bought TTG because it was cheaper than repairing my iPaq, what a good move, Navman is Naffman compared to TTG, no comparison!!

The instructions for POIs can be found in this article, and the POIs need to be downloaded from this page.
midlandlady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike...downloaded and tried today on M42, great, made me aware of danger spots :D One more question. I have a little problem with reflection on the screen even though I position it low on right hand side of windscreen, do you know if there is something to place on the screen to stop the glare. Thanks
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here
and here[/u]
midlandlady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, very helpful again. I have ordered from the site...along with a couple of other things Smile
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello...

Maybee my question is answered already, but I'm not have time to read trough all 34 pages in this tread Wink

But I can see that Dave and Mike could not ceep their fingers away from opening up this toy, (-huh-) so maybee you noticed something about my question:

Can you replace the internal Li-Ion battery in the GO, if this becomes poor after some time. ?

How can it be done and if so whats the price. ?
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Speed readout Reply with quote

Hi, not sure this is thr right forum for this request but I have been using TT3 for a long time now and find that the large speed readout when not on a route absolutely invaluable and of course accurate, I have just chnaged to TTGo and find the whole package much more "mature" and a great improvement I believe, but.......the speed readout is PATHETIC, it is so small it can hardly be read without dsitracting ones eyes from the road for too long, would it not be possible for TomTom to increase the size of just the MPH/KPH readout at least? Surely its just a bit of software jiggery pokery (technical term), for me this would add to an already great package.

Best regards David
Jeystone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The burning question is, as far as I am concerned any way is when and how do we get the upgrade
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed readout Reply with quote

Boxbrownie wrote:
but.......the speed readout is PATHETIC, it is so small it can hardly be read without dsitracting ones eyes from the road for too long, would it not be possible for TomTom to increase the size of just the MPH/KPH readout at least? Surely its just a bit of software jiggery pokery (technical term), for me this would add to an already great package.

Best regards David

In the next version the display information at the bottom of the screen is more 'user friendly'. How far this can manipulated, we'll have to wait and see.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: