Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 890 Maps Out 23rd May 2012
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

890 Maps Out 23rd May 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: 890 Maps Out 23rd May 2012 Reply with quote

890 Maps Out - downloading "Europe" at the moment

New files include some Olympic Park, Live Sites, Park & Ride and Stadium POIs and a 78MB Citymap and some map updates are already available.

Last edited by MrT on Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed, getting UK map for my Carminat.
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm experiencing a problem with downloading the UK&ROI 890 map onto my Go 550 Live.

The download appears to be proceeding OK, until an error message pops up in Home. Installation then halts.

The error message reads "The archive file contains this file Live_Set.rpf The file should not be part of this archive".

The 'archive file' referred to seems to be the UK&ROI zip file, which presumably has been downloaded, but not installed.

I've tried twice, but the same thing happens. I've checked the 550, and it's still map 885 running on there.

Any suggestions?

EDIT... I've had a look in the 890 UK&ROI zip file downloaded onto my laptop. It does contain the Olympic Park, Live Sites, Park & Ride and Stadium files that MrT has mentioned above.

The 890 zip file has NOT been installed onto my 550 due to the Live_Set.rpf file which it contains.

Please feel free to correct me, but it seems that Tomtom have included files on the new 890 UK&ROI map which either Home or my 550 (or perhaps both) have decided shouldn't be there.

Has anyone else experienced this with the new map?

I've not yet raised a ticket with Tomtom support, as I feel that their usual initial advice to reformat my 550 etc would not be helpful at this stage :-(
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the RPF files are but the appear to be part of the Olympic POIs and they installed on my 940 and 530. The Live_Site are the Olympic venues for various shows.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

890 UK/ROI map installed on my 550 Live - it took a lot longer than normal installing, paused at somewhere about 80% I'd guess, then crawled. But it did install.

It installed as fast as normal on my Carminat, which switches to run a different version of Home for Carminat (and yet again I forgot that it still doesn't retain my mapsettings.cfg - GRRRRR!).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
Please feel free to correct me, but it seems that Tomtom have included files on the new 890 UK&ROI map which either Home or my 550 (or perhaps both) have decided shouldn't be there.

Jon, did you download the latest Home update from about two weeks ago?
Kia In-dash Tomtom
SQUARE2024
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated 8 mins start to finish including quickfix & mapshare updates,now to find out what has changed !

TomTom 520
Christmas Draw 2010 Grand Final Winner Garmin Nuvi 1490TV
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom software: '.... is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,' to quote Mr Churchill.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guivre46 wrote:

No. I'm using an older version of Home (I forget which version), and have re-jigged the version number so that it won't try to update to a new version of Home. It's a version where I can select what I want to update, and it doesn't offer me files with the ticky-box already selected and greyed-out.

I'm also running Navcore 9.061, as I prefer that to the more recent versions, mainly because of the auto-on when power applied.

As Hans Solo would have said "I've got a bad feeling about this"!

I have an awful suspicion that you're going to advise me that I have to update Home (and by default in due course my Navcore) in order to update my map... Would that suspicion be correct?
MaFlump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Latest Map G Reply with quote

I recently bought a world 1005, and have not yet powered up as I wanted to ensure it was the 8.90 map I ended up with under the Latest map guarentee.

Can I finally power up today when I get home...or do I have to wait another few days to ensure it doesn't offer 8.85?

Gary
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the MyTT web app from tomtom.com/getstarted and log in to register your device with an email address/password.

Then, click on the green Mytomtom button you'll see and select 'get new items'.

There should be a map offered. Click on the 'more info' link. If it say the map is 890, then download it, if it say 885, then wait a few days and try again.
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual after upgrading the map, the Show Home to Work traffic didn't work until I set the Home and Work points again. This time I got "no route to destination" as the error. Last map update it just did nothing if you chose the option. Progress of a sort. Smile

This is a Via Live 120.
MaFlump
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
You can download the MyTT web app from tomtom.com/getstarted and log in to register your device with an email address/password.

Then, click on the green Mytomtom button you'll see and select 'get new items'.

There should be a map offered. Click on the 'more info' link. If it say the map is 890, then download it, if it say 885, then wait a few days and try again.

Thanks for that, already have the my tomtom...i just don't want to fire the device up and it only offers the 8.85 and I have to then phone and chase tomtom.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
Guivre46 wrote:

I have an awful suspicion that you're going to advise me that I have to update Home (and by default in due course my Navcore) in order to update my map... Would that suspicion be correct?

I am not sure of the relationship between updating to the latest version of Home and the map installation. I can only assume it is relevant in some way, and as my computer does not ask me how to unzip the map file, it would seem Home has the unzip programme. Now whether that is changed when the Home version changes, I'm not sure, it would seem unlikely, but this map apparently has some majorish changes, so ....who knows?
Kia In-dash Tomtom
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFlump wrote:
Thanks for that, already have the my tomtom...i just don't want to fire the device up and it only offers the 8.85 and I have to then phone and chase tomtom.

Well you will have to fire it up and try it out to find out

No reason why it won't offer you v890 - my new TT 60 got them first thing this morning offered - downloaded and working no problem

MyTomTom is now a lot more stable and functional than people sometimes give it credit - I'd say give it a go, and you'll get your latest maps...! Good luck Laughing
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: