Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No computer Voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No computer Voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: No computer Voice Reply with quote

Hi, I decided to call it a day with my old 520 and have bought a 720 of ebay, but ( there's always a but) when I turned it on there were no voice instructions, so i went into the menu and chose another voice (Jane UK)and it now works but not if I select Kate (Computer). I don't know how old the unit is but if it's got Computer Kate as a selection then surly it should be available to select.
The second thing is lane guidance is not coming up as an option, it has the icon Hide Lane Images but if i select it then it says Map version not compatible with lane guidance. so it looks like it needs a newer map in order to work properly.
And the last thing it's still on 8.351 my xxl is on 9.430 so how do I install the latest application?

If after reading this you think there's a lot not right, let me know because I can still send it back.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update,When I first connected the 720 to Home it didn't do much, but then i removed the SD card and bingo, installed the new application and now the computer voice works (result). But I'm still missing lane guidance and iq routes, or is that completely different issue.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the map version you have on your unit?
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, It's 705.1480 (that sounds old) and app 9.430 (new).
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, IQ routing and Lane Guidance weren't implemented in maps till version 8.X+. Your map is just about 5 years old. Current is 885 and 890 is due within a week or so.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Thanks I'll wait for the new map,mind you, I think there is a link to join a six map update offer, I'll see how much that is.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how this has happened but some how I've managed to install a newer map onto the SD card,it's the UK and ROI version 875.3613, so now I have lane guidance and IQ routing. So now I have uk and europe on the internal drive (705 version) and uk on the sd card. Can you tell me how old the uk maps are likely to be (875) and now the new maps are out if there would be a big difference in content.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1304 wrote:
Can you tell me how old the uk maps are likely to be (875) and now the new maps are out if there would be a big difference in content.

v875 maps were released in August 2011, so only 9 months old.

There's only likely to be minor changes in the new map, so it wouldn't really be worth updating unless there have been fairly major changes in areas that you visit regularly, and if those are within the last year or so they're unlikely to be included yet anyway.

If you do want to update it would be worth checking how much it would cost for the map update service, which gives you 4 maps over 1 year, and may cost little more than just purchasing the latest one.
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: