Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio/Navman 380
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio/Navman 380

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Mio/Navman 380 Reply with quote

Hi, My sister rang me yesterday to tell me she had just bought a Moi 380 off one of the shopping channels (under £50 apparently). Having no experience of the Moi/Navman range, I thought I would try here to see if it was a good buy or not. She told me it had lane guidance and IQ routs etc.
but I cannot find it on any retail web site's. She has it on a month's trial so it can go back if it doesn't live up to sales pitch.
Will it connect to the internet like TT, and have a home page like TT and have map up date's like TT.
For less than £50 I suppose you can't expect to much.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you Googled it? If you do, I would suggest you Google Mio 380 not Moi 380 Very Happy Very Happy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops! That's probably were I've gone wrong. So I have googled it and it turns out it's actually a Spirit 380, and still available to buy at curries etc for £69.99 so it looks like it's not a bad deal. It does have all the bells and whistles,lane guidance,IQ routes and map rent? and latest map guarantee.
So we will have to wait and see, it should arrive sometime next week so I'll give it a try.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the screen size (which isn't necessarily a draw back) it is a full current Mio Navman device - and really does a great job at navigating, unlike most of the budget units - you should be pleased
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else has just come to light, my sister hasen't got a cd reader on her netbook,does she need it to install the softwear from Mio?. There is a cd in the box so we are hopeing it's just a instruction manual. She is waiting for a lead to connect unit to the netbook (ebay £2) so we won't know what will happen untill we connect it.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to connect the Mio to a computer for it to work, but connect within 30 days of switching on and you will get their latest maps (currently TomTom Maps 2011.9) which will probably be a year ahead of the installed maps - all free of charge

Their may be a firmware update also

The software isn't downloadable unfortunately - why I don't know - but it isn't so I would recommend she finds a friend with a computer and CD drive to do the update as it makes sense to get the latest maps to start off with, when they are free
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: