Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - An irritating problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

An irritating problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: An irritating problem Reply with quote

Since I installed navcore 9.401 on my GO530, every time I turn it on and tap the traffic sidebar it disables traffic and I have to scroll through the screens to re-enable it, and it then connects to the server.

I've tried going straight to that screen and tapping traffic but it does the same and disables it and I have to re-enable it again.
EDIT
I think I have solved it myself Very Happy

After I wrote the above I went and checked if there was a later navcore, there was, and I have installed it and it seems to work correctly now
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I was mistaken It is still doing it!

Does anyone know a solution ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of that happening, I'm afraid.

Before you tap the traffic bar, does it look like you DO have a current connection to the servers? (in other words it's not just that Traffic is ALREADY disconnected?)

If you DON'T tap the traffic bar, are you still able to access Traffic info in other ways such as in "Browse map"? (using "Options" to select the Traffic view).

Have you already tried a return to factory settings (from the menu) and re-logging in with your LIVE account name and password?
(Edit - ignore that last howler... of course the Go530 doesn't have a LIVE connection)

Last edited by Andy_P on Fri May 11, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic on the 530 is either rds-tmc or mobile phone link? Which one are we dealing with here?
Kia In-dash Tomtom
alanwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Traffic Sidebar Reply with quote

young-goat wrote:
It seems I was mistaken It is still doing it!

Does anyone know a solution ?

I have an identical problem as described by young-goat.

Tom Tom 720 Application 9.430, mobile phone traffic connection.

Was always working fine on earlier application versions.

Alan
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Never heard of that happening, I'm afraid.

Before you tap the traffic bar, does it look like you DO have a current connection to the servers? (in other words it's not just that Traffic is ALREADY disconnected?)

YES then when I tap the sidebar it says Traffic Disabled

If you DON'T tap the traffic bar, are you still able to access Traffic info in other ways such as in "Browse map"? (using "Options" to select the Traffic view).

NO

I connect to Traffic using a mobile phone
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to make an explorer backup of my 520 before I did any alterations on it but both my Computers crash with a BSOD when I try to do it !

The message is "The problem seems to have caused by the following file: Fastfat.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"
The technical information is :
STOP:0x00000050

It would seem to be something to do with the GO520 unit, not the computers, as I successfully made a test back up of my GO500 on both computers
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get the BSD on my main laptop as soon as I connected the 550 and only managed to cure it by reinstalling windows. What I did find though, was that it was less likely to happen if I connected the TomTom before doing anything else after a boot/reboot, whereas if I had been using the computer for a while before connecting the TomTom it was almost guaranteed to happen. I could connect to other computers without any problems.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the device and cable is not faulty, a common cause of a USB device causing crashes in Windows is that the device did not install correctly the first time.

If you look in device manager, even when showing hidden devices, you cannot see it, however it is there. What you need to do is to set your computer to show non-present devices in device manager. You can get the instructions on how to do this here.

Once you can see the device, (it may not show as TomTom but a mass storage device or even an unknown device if it was badly corrupted) you can delete it. Next time you connect the TomTom it should recognise it and re-install it correctly. If you delete the wrong device here, that device will reinstall istself next time it is connected.

Sometimes TomTom Home can interfere with another program that monitors USB ports such as a graphics program looking for a camera or a music program looking for an MP3 player.[/url]
young-goat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to solve the copying problem. When it rebooted from yet another BSOD my computer ran a diskcheck on the 530 and found errors that it fixed.
I also ran the clearflash tool twice.

I tried to do another copy but it baulked at the EPHEM folder, it had an unnamed file with no extension but it would not allow me to delete it.

I checked a number of my backups and ascertained that this file should not be there and that the other file in the folder seemed to be a 'common' file with a date from four years ago, so I copied the EPHEM folder from an older backup into this latest copy.

I then formatted the 530 and reloaded the copy I had just created,deleted and reinstalled the navcore using TT Home and set it all up again with my preferences etc.

However the original irritating problem still exists, and when I tap the Traffic sidebar after it starts it disables Traffic. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: