Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP ! TOMTOM N3 and e330
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP ! TOMTOM N3 and e330

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomk_bucks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: HELP ! TOMTOM N3 and e330 Reply with quote

Ok got all my software and a wired GPS recieved last week, worked ok the 1st day then it just stoped ! the green light on the reciever seems to flash , but there is nothing in the GPS at all, the sat does not seem to be comunicating with the PDA at all !

im going mad have tried hard reset, re installed everything and nothing works! it worked out the box for about an hour before it stoped, this morning it did flicker on for about a mile then stopped so, ive checked every setting i can and it all looks ok, i hope someone can help as TOMTOM support have not replied at all Sad
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like hardware problem doesn't it - GPS unit knackered, faulty cable or bad connection to your PDA - if it were me I would contact the retailer and ask for a replacement!

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338
tomk_bucks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really pants though , hoped it would not be that as ebuyer charge about £15 to replace items and there support it pants Sad
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU have to pay £15 even if the goods are faulty??? Sounds like a load of bo**ocks to me - kick up a stink over this mate!!

tomk_bucks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the problem with ebuyer , well to be honest most places, you have to return then via their recomended ways,you cant kick up a stink as its only email support, ive worked in those places, you just delete anyone who pi**es you off so you dont get anywere , i think there may be a problem with TOMTOM doing this ,ive been reading that the HP2210 has a simiar problem ,
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a lot of things via the net over the past few years, and fortunately everything has been as it should be. There is perhaps something to be said for buying from a "real" shop, where you can walk in the door with your faulty goods and have a face to face with the sales people or even the manager and get things sorted as opposed to trying to do things remotely via e-mail etc - trouble is we all want stuff at bargain prices and sometimes I guess this is where it all falls down. Anyway hope you get things sorted without too much expense or trauma!

MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy faulty goods it is down to the supplier to pay for their return. Also under the distance selling regulations you are entitled to return them within a week but you have to pay the return costs.

That is the UK consumer law and no terms or conditions in anyones contract can overide them. Speak to your local trading standards.
tomk_bucks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebuyer manage to get round that , they require you to send them back , had this clarified from their website www.ebuyer.co.uk Sad
acinfo64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Tip Reply with quote

Hi

For the rikaline mouse holds. There is a bug in the TTN3 GPS driver only in combination with the e330. Version 2 should work. A tip is to uninstall the GPS part of TTN3 and install the GPS of version 2.05 (or higher). (Sometimes the ricaline mouse should be selected but most of the time NMEA v2 38400 should work.)
jedstagg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also run TTn3 on a E330.

I regularly have this problem - so it may not be due to faulty hardware, but just a poor compatability between TTN3 and E330.

I generally try a range of things to try and get it working again - unplugging the receiver cable briefly then plugging it back in sometimes works, as does exiting the program and restarting, or performing a soft-reset (repeatedly).

It usually gets there in the end, but is a nuisance - and you need a red traffic light in order to try these.

That said it will sometimes go months with no problems, then recur again. Frustrating, isn't it?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: