Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom admits device 'leap year' bug
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom admits device 'leap year' bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An answer re HD via the tomtom forum site, from tomtom;

"05-04-2012
We are aware that some customers are not receiving traffic information and other LIVE Services (error 148). This is the result of a fire in Vodafone's datacentre in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Vodafone is resolving the situation. We have been told that some of the effects could last for a number of days. We will give you an update as soon as we have new information. "

Tomtom must be thinking one of their staff ran over a chinaman.... Laughing Out Loud
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
orion_jb2001 wrote:
Its fixed now. Not that you would know if you were FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!!!!!

You would, because you'd get an email that there was a reply, you'd read the last post (from Darren) where he explained that the discussion was moved this this thread.

MaFt

To this thread, or from this thread?

I got my news email today, April 6, that linked the news item to this thread. And here I see reaction has been made by most folk three days ago. Is this late arrival of the news email due to 'third-party software supplied by the GPS chip manufacturer' of Gmail, my laptop or Pocket GPS servers?

I had failure to find satellite problem today on my Go1000 Live (first time used in over a week) but a hard reset (holding down the power button for 15 seconds) cured it.

Tim
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
I got my news email today, April 6, that linked the news item to this thread. And here I see reaction has been made by most folk three days ago. Is this late arrival of the news email due to 'third-party software supplied by the GPS chip manufacturer' of Gmail, my laptop or Pocket GPS servers?
What? What? What? The news email comes out every week on Friday, today is Friday so the news email comes out today. Today's edition of the news email is not last week's email, it's today's email, so it's not late. You haven't used your GO1000 for over a week, so the news email told you something you didn't know.

What's the beef? Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

What? What? What? The news email comes out every week on Friday, today is Friday so the news email comes out today. Today's edition of the news email is not last week's email, it's today's email, so it's not late. You haven't used your GO1000 for over a week, so the news email told you something you didn't know.

What's the beef? Rolling Eyes

Oh dear, I feel trapped in a time warp. So how come folk were commenting on today's news three days ago? Dr Who help!!

Never mind, I'm easily confused. Tim
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
Oh dear, I feel trapped in a time warp. So how come folk were commenting on today's news three days ago? Dr Who help!!
Because 'Todays news' is a digest of what's been going on during the previous 7 days (plus other stuff). No need for a Tardis, just use the New Posts option to keep up with it all. Very Happy Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLUS WHICH, the TomTom thing happened AFTER LAST WEEK'S news letter. PLUS WHICH, being a WEEKLY newsletter it doesn't deal with news on the day it happens, but in the next edition after it happens. Some people, who used their TomTom satnavs earlier in the week than you used yours, discovered the fault for themselves and decided to discuss it on the world's biggest satnav related website even before the weekly newsletter came out. It's not today's news, it's this week's news.

Oxo. (Or Bisto).

navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for filling in the black hole in my head. Mind you, your avatars (right word?) do make me feel like I'm in Harry Potter's world.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
Thank you both for filling in the black hole in my head. Mind you, your avatars (right word?) do make me feel like I'm in Harry Potter's world.
You are! And it's filled with grumpy old men Surprised Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah! He just can't believe his luck that he got answers from BOTH the tired old men. Joker

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:

I had failure to find satellite problem today on my Go1000 Live (first time used in over a week) but a hard reset (holding down the power button for 15 seconds) cured it.

Sure?
The way the problem presented itself was that you got satellite reception after a reset, but you'd lose it again after every normal switch off and on again.

Unless you've downloaded the latest of the several fixes from TT, I think you might still have that issue.
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
navtrav wrote:

Sure?
The way the problem presented itself was that you got satellite reception after a reset, but you'd lose it again after every normal switch off and on again.

Unless you've downloaded the latest of the several fixes from TT, I think you might still have that issue.

Thanks Andy and grumpy men everywhere. Am just about to go to car to retrieve device and then download the fix.
Tim
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend who has one of the affected devices Via Live ??? has lost all the warnings etc -- speed cams - traffic etc..

I had a look and had great problems as they don't used TT HOME but it just seems to go straight to the INTERNET -- and there is no way yo can "play " with the device on your computer --i.e. Back up -- check what is on the device -- like in TT HOME --

Unless there is another way of doing it.??
Is there a front end program like TT Home -- when using the Via devices??
Or is it just direct on line?

Maurice
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its called 'MyTomtom' for the newer devices.

If you go to www.tomtom.com/getstarted you can get the program. This allows some customisation of the device, and you can add POI's from this program too!

Steven

iPhone 12
sixhundred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This software bug has prevented us using the TomTom on our Easter break.

I updated with lasted software and maps before going away. The TomTom 1005 was ok for the first 2 days and then refused to get a GPS signal for the remaining fortnight. By coincidence we went away at the end of March and the first two weeks in April.

While in usual circumstances I could have survived, however:
- we were in the north of Scotland
- no access to my PC
- no 3G signal
- No ability to update the device

So, just when I needed to TomTom for routes I'd never driven before, I couldn't use it!!!

Totally frustrating and very disappointing.

I'm a huge TomTom fan however this has been a major let down. Especially when I bought the updated maps just before we went away. Seems a bit of a waste of money.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame, if you'd known (or been able to check on the web) a 20 second press on the power button (to reboot) each time you used the TomTom would have got you going again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: